Chapter 49: Witches Children?

None of them could say anything. They were all in shock. Sky had just heard their conversation, but what now? Would she tell? Without a moments hesitation, Seren used his witches blood, scooping Sky up into his arms so she couldn't run.

Sky: W-what are you doing!?

Phil: I guess there's no hiding it then. Sky, we need to tell you something.

Small Timeskip

Sky was crying, her tear falling to the grass one after another. She clutched at her rose, keeping it close. She couldn't believe it. Her mother was an enemy? She was going to die?

Sky: I can't believe it! I won't!

Phil: I understand but you must believe us. It's your only chance of survival.

Sky: I d-don't know why your lying Phil but-

Phil: Sky

Phil turned her head to face him, looking into her eyes, his expression one of compassion and warmth but still the slightest hint of seriousness.

Phil: Why would I lie about this? You know how much I love everyone here, I have no reason to lie, you know that.

Sky: B-but I.

More tears fell as she fell to the ground. Her face wet from tears and her eyes red and puffy from crying.

Alice: I think this might we the worse reaction possible.

Phil: We'll it's not all bad. Now we won't have to leave her behind.

Alice: You don't mean?!

Phil kneeled down to face Sky, extending a hand toward her.

Phil: I can help you Sky. You can escape with us, then you won't have to die.

Alice: What are you thinking Phil. She's going to be a burden.

Phil: So what? She knows, we could silence her but I want to save everyone I can. Plus 4 minds are better then 3.

Sky: It's fine ... I w-would only cause you trouble.

Seren: Hold on a sec.

Seren approached Sky. He sensed an almost familiar scent coming from her. It was so slight he had missed it before, but it was very clearly there. He touched her hand, he didn't know why he did it was almost like a natural instinct. But when he did he realized.

Seren: Phil. What's Sky's talent?

Phil: Why? Did you figure something out?

Seren: Yeah, I think so.

Phil: We'll Sky's talent seems to do with her rose she always carry's around. It lets her do a few different things, but she main thing she does seems to be manipulating shadows with her rose.

Seren: !

Seren looked at the three of them again. Now not just Sky, but at Phil and Alice too.

Sky: W-what is it Seren?

Seren: It can't be ....

Alice: What did you figure out?

Seren: These talents of yours are, authority's. And you're all, witches children?

Meanwhile

Clea: You've all done so well!

They had been training for 2 weeks. They still had another 2 before Rina took them to the city and progress was going well for most of them. Garfiel and Rem had both successfully blocked or dodged all 100 of Clea's punches, with Priscilla not too far behind at 86.