XXV | Leathery Assailants

⤠ ≻  ◈  ≺ ⤟

⤠ ≻ ◈ ≺ ⤟

Eleven struck. Clementine sat on the edge of his bed, enthralled with anticipation. Everyone had to be asleep by now, and it was time for him to head to the teachers' lounge.

          He ensured the paper and pen he'd put into his pocket earlier were still there and then grabbed his backpack, which he'd recently emptied. Then, he crept over to his door, through the lounge, and out of the dorm. Once he'd locked the door, he silently made his way down the hall. He checked every corner and every turning, and as he headed downstairs, he did his best to be as quiet as possible.

          Clementine navigated his way through the academy, across the large hall, and up the stairs towards the teachers' lounge. When he reached the door, he pressed his ear against it, making sure there wasn't anyone inside. Then, he pushed the door open and scurried in.

          As he hurried over to the filing cabinets, he pulled out the small piece of paper from his trouser pocket, along with his pen. Then, he quietly eased the filing cabinet over and took out the first file. Kira Arlott, wolf walker. Nope. He put it back and took out the next. Marcus Atkins, seer. No again. The third, Gregory Avis, seer. Another no.

          With an irritated tut, he put the file back and placed his pen and paper on top of the cabinet—he'd get through these much faster with two hands. He took out the next file, and the next, and the one after that—wolf walker, demon, seer. He read through most of the C's until he finally found Harper Collins. The alliance section of her form read Ravenblood, and so did the species section. Finally. He glared at the blonde girl's photo, realizing that she was one of the two girls he'd seen with Ian the other day when he'd first scoped out the teachers' lounge.

          He scribbled her name onto his piece of paper, along with 'blonde hair, green eyes'. He then hastily returned the file and picked out the next, but Yasmine Cross was revealed to be a wolf walker. He sighed, moving on to the next, and soon enough, he reached the 'D' section. Harriet Darles, Elliot Davis...Elliot. At first, Clementine brushed past his file, but he couldn't help but feel curious. He wanted to know what his roommate was, and this was the perfect time to find out.

          A devious smile stretched across his face as he opened Elliot's file; his eyes immediately shot down to the species section...and it read 'dybbuk'. What the hell was a dybbuk? And why was '/Ellis Davis' written next to Elliot's name? Elliot/Ellis Davis—what did that mean?

          He didn't have time to stand there and ponder. He scribbled down 'dybbuk' and put Elliot's file back. Then, he continued searching.

          Frances Draper. Rita Dunn. Neither were Ravenblood.

          Clementine moved on to the 'E' section. He sighed, searching through the files—and finally, he found another. Owen Evans: alliance and species, Ravenblood. He wrote his name down along with 'black hair, green eyes', and put his file back.