XLVIII | Elliot/Ellis Davis

⤠ ≻  ◈  ≺ ⤟

⤠ ≻ ◈ ≺ ⤟

Clementine headed up to Elliot's room the moment they got back to his aunt's house. He pushed the door open, set his eyes on Sebastien, and frowned eagerly.

          "Well?" he asked him.

          Sebastien, who was sitting on the bed with what looked like a few photos in his hands, glanced over at him. "See for yourself."

          He closed the door behind him and made his way over to the bed. As he sat down, Sebastien handed him one of the black and white photographs. He stared at the two boys standing on either side of Elliot's aunt; one was a much younger Elliot with longer hair, and the other looked very similar, but had his hair styled just as Elliot had his today. Then, Sebastien handed him a small photo, which was a portrait of the other boy.

          "Flip it over," Sebastien said.

          With a frown on his face, Clementine flipped the smaller photo over to see that 'Elliot Davis' was written there. Then, Sebastien held out another picture of a younger Elliot.

          "This is Ellis," he said. "Not Elliot."

          "So...Elliot possessed Ellis?"

          "Just as I thought."

          "Are they cousins?"

          "I think they're half-brothers." Sebastien held out a family photo; in the middle was Elliot's aunt—or, as it had just been revealed, Ellis' mother. Beside her was a woman who looked like an older version of her, and at their sides were Elliot and Ellis. Between them stood a tall, sleekly dressed man. "I think this is their dad, that's the aunt downstairs," he said, pointing to the woman on the man's left, "and this must be Elliot's mom," he said, pointing to the other woman. "The dad killed his mom, right?"

          "Yeah. Elliot said his dad killed his mom and kicked him out, so he went to live with his aunt—the woman downstairs."

          "Well, he's a dybbuk, so that obviously didn't happen."

          "Maybe the aunt knows," Clementine suggested.

          "What, are you suggesting we go down there and ask her? Hi, we were just wondering, did Ellis' dad kill Elliot and his mom? Oh, how do we know Elliot, you ask? Well, that's a funny story, actually. Your son is actually possessed by Elliot's spirit, and both of them are gonna die if we don't somehow get Elliot to remember what happened so he can deal with his unfinished business," he said, jerking his head around like an idiot.

          Clementine rolled his eyes and handed him the photos back. "We gotta find out somehow, or we won't be able to help him."

          Sebastien straightened the photos like a deck of cards and sighed. "Right, sorry. We can try asking her, but if she gets suspicious—"