6

Ice

Ice sat at the table across from Cyn as she talked about her day, and ate fruit. Usually he would be all into it but he was texting Christiana.

For some reason he decided not to delete her number from his phone. That turned out to be a good thing.

To Christi 🤞🏾: 😂 shut yo ass up, still crying over something that happened a while ago.

From Christi 🤞🏾: all I'm saying is, you cheated and I will never play a game with you again.

To Christi 🤞🏾: If you say so... A nigga hungry. I want Zaxby's, again.

From Christi 🤞🏾: you got "I want Zaxby's, again" money?

Laughing loud at his phone shaking his head made Cyn clear her throat. Looking up from his iPhone XS Max, he raised a brow.

"You're not even listening to me, what are you laughing at?" Biting the inside of his cheek, he looked down.

"My nigga Chris, Yung put us three in a chat.." He responded quickly as if he rehearsed the lie.

I mean some parts were true, Christiana's name could be Chris BUT... she was not a he,  and Yung didn't put them in group chat.

"Oh, well pay attention, damn." Cyn grilled him, causing him to nod giving his attention to her.

He should feel guilty but he's forced himself to see Christiana as only a friend, he wouldn't be around her anymore and he barely text her and if he did it was for a few moments.

No matter how many times Christiana tried to get him to come over to just hang out, he denied. Cyn was the only girl he needed in his life.

Yeah, he lied to Cyn but who would really tell their wife they're grinning and laughing at another females text. He would never hear the end of it.

From Christi 🤞🏾: You got gas money?

Shaking his head, he tried hard to get himself to control his laughter.

To Christi 🤞🏾: You're not even black, and you not a black mom so, shut up.

From Christi 🤞🏾: WHO NOT BLACK? CAUSE, I AM.

Ignoring her text he placed his phone down on the table just in time to see Cyn get up and walk over to him.

"Why are you being so distant baby?" Cyn asked. He couldn't be honest, so another lie spilled from his lips.

"I'm not tryna be baby, but these niggas blowing up my phone" Ice lied through his teeth, but in a way he only did it for her sake. "Check this out though, I gotta leave. Go do inventory and see how this money coming." kissing Cyn on the cheek, the two got up from the chair.

"Alright baby, just be safe alright?" Nodding his head, he felt good for the first time today he was being honest to his wife.

It was a battlefield Lies vs. truth.

-------

Christiana

Rolling her eyes, Ice kept leaving her on read and it was annoying her, his texting skills were terrible.