19

When the pain cuts you deep, and the night keeps you from sleeping just look and you will see that I will be your remedy. When the world seems so cruel, and your heart makes you feel like a fool I promise you will see, that I will be your remedy.

Christiana

Its been a month since Cyn died, and Ice cut himself off from the world.

The last month he stayed in Kamryn's room, so Camilla had to help me while I was on bed rest.

I was now at the hospital and they were going to force her out of me. I was due two weeks ago, but Kam knew what she was doing.

I just think she's woke about what's going on in this world.

Looking over at Ice, caused me to frown. Our daughter was going to be here soon and he can't even put on a smile.

Everyone around me wore a smile except him.

I didn't expect him to be over it, and I didn't mind that he was still sad about it. He was a widow, but your daughter will be here soon. You have to suck it up.

"Ice, can you at least smile for Kamryn? She would be wanting her daddy to be happy." Ice turned his attention to me, giving me a hard smile.

"I'm good Christi, I promise I'm happy." He got up from his seat walking over to me, placing his hand on my stomach.

"I'll be your remedy." I spoke lowly, placing my hand over his.

"Promise?" He stared at me as I nodded my head.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I hesitantly looked over at him.

"I promise Dave." Taking his pinky into mine.

"I love you Christiana." Leaning closer to me, he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you too Ice."

I felt bad that I wasn't able to be there for him, but I knew that I couldn't it was impossible, Milla barely wanted me to get up to pee.

Breaking the stare, we turned our attention to the door as the doctor walked in

"Just checking on you!"

He smiled wide, washing his hands and drying them before walking to me.

This part was so uncomfortable and definitely one of the things that I didn't like about having a baby.

Ice and I watched as he felt inside to check how far dilated I was, making me shift uneasily.

"10 cm! It's baby time!" He shouted excitedly.

I couldn't tell, the epidural was working miracles.

For the first time in a month, Dave smiled.

---

Dave held Kamryn in his arms, it was like no one else was in the room

"Thank you..." he looked over at me smiling wide.

"For what?" I lifted my head to look at him. I was physically drained and needed a nap.

All that pushing was tiring.

"For giving me something so beautiful." He looked back at Kamryn. "It's honestly like I lost someone, to gain another."

"We both put in work. She's so beautiful. I think we did good too."

Ice

I didn't want to let Kamryn go, I was too scared that someone would take her from me.

When the doctors went to clean her I wanted to stand behind them.

Christiana wouldn't let me.

Placing Kamryn in Christiana's arm, I smiled. It was like my little family.

Though Christiana wasn't Cyn, she was the second best and I honestly loved her.

She had me when I needed her the most, and I appreciated that.

I didn't treat her the way I should have, we both knew that.

"Never seen motherhood look so damn good" Running my hands through her hair. I kissed her forehead.

"I cannot wait until she gets older so she can do cheer and gymnastics." She babbled excitedly.

"You're going to give me a little boy one day?" Looking at her, chuckling lowly.

"The person that you end up with in the future can give you a little boy one day." Her eyes met mine.

"Maybe, I don't want to end up with no one else." Watching a frown grace her face, only caused me to match her facial expression.

"Ice, you just lost Cyn, you're just talking because you got lips right now." Shaking my head no.

"No I'm not, I want to see where this goes." Biting the inside of her cheek, she nodded her head.

I wasn't sure if I was in the moment, or if I really want to be with her.

The thought of the two of us being together has crossed my mind ever since the baby shower.

I just pushed it to the back of my mind, because Cyn and I were together.

Multiple things kept us from being together even after things ended.

One it was too soon, she would be considered a rebound, two she didn't want to be with me and three I resented her, even though I finally owned up to being apart of the reason my marriage ended.

I was starting to believe everything happens for a reason, and maybe Christiana and I are meant to be.

I was going to take my chances.

"Alright we can try this out" my lips formed a smile.

"We're not in a relationship though... that's not it. We're just seeing how this goes. If it works out then maybe." She reminded me, that was enough for me.

The idea of going slow was a good one.

She was my remedy.

-------
Not really feeling this. Idk. You Chrice (😂😂😂😂😭) fans should be happy now.

Vote, and comment. The next chapter will be better.

😌 6 more chapters until this is over with!