SEVENTEEN

8 am

"Miss Toyin! why are you here? you should be on your leave?" The Project Manager was on his way to his office but stopped when he saw her at her workstation. She was the only one at their section. Others were still either on leave or offshore.

"I want to finish the report so I can have peace of mind during my break. I don't want to be thinking about you people in my sleep" She said playfully to her supervisor.

"Okay. Please hurry up and go home. I don't want to see you here. You'll make me feel guilty," The middle aged man said as he continued to his corner office.

She knew it was an efiko move but she'd rather be efiko than deal with Osaze right now. She needed to leave the house since her brain cells were malfunctioning around him. And no it's not even like she's developing feelings for him it's just physical attraction! She was not even horny last night he just touched her small and that was it! She offed pant.

She tried to focus on the report for 3 good hours but kept getting distracted knowing she would still go back home and face him so she kuku packed up and went to the spa instead. She ordered the groceries online and had them delivered to the house because she didn't want to go home early to drop them herself.

7pm

She burned the whole day at the Spa and went to Sofi's house in the evening. She was starving the only thing In her stomach was green tea from the spa. Thankfully, Sofi cooked one of those delicious seafood pasta. She was busy stuffing her face when Sofi snatched the dish from her.

"Madam what did you buy for me from your trip sef" Sofi eyed her "See how you're eating my food, don't you have food in your house?"

"There is nothing to buy on the rig na?" Toyin said mouth stuffed with pasta

Sofi gave her back the dish "You're paying for our drinks Friday night".

"It's like that your new Boss is teaching you how to bully people too. Please you people should bring Chief back!" Toyin teased.

"As in! that one is a complete Psychopath, Babe you don't understand. I'm already looking at job offers." She went on to rant as usual about all pepper he showed her and her colleagues. "I don't think I'll last one more year in that Company the way things are going"

"Just be patient, I have a feeling you'll survive this. You always do" Toyin assured her.

"Where is that your friend that helped us get into that club to spy on him sef?" Sofi asked and she almost choked on the pasta but she was able to compose herself.

"I don't even know, He was supposed to go back to Canada but he's still around.... I guess" She lied then wiped her mouth with a serviette and sipped some water.

"I owe him for that night o. Though it was a fruitless 'operation' but he's a correct guy" Sofi nodded in approval.

"Ehen that reminds me! There is a wedding coming up in 2 months!" She ran to her room and returned with a lavish invitation card that looked like a box of expensive chocolates.

"Trust me this one is going to be THE wedding of the year!" She boasted, as she started unknotting the silver ribbons around the box. "I attended the engagement and it was sick!" She squealed with delight.

Over the years, the consensus within their circle is that the best places to meet eligible, responsible men are at weddings, church programs, and gyms. But both of them are super busy because of the nature of their jobs so gym is not an option and to be honest, they're just both lazy to keep up with gym schedules. Sofi is even better she owns a treadmill, Toyin has never set foot in the gym of her apartment building.