Not an update/Cast

Bruh...2020

WHY I DIDN'T UPDATE
I came up with the Idea for this book after the Lagos lockdown was lifted. You know, when people started going out again and things were starting to get back to normal...sorta.

This story is set in a pandemic free universe and writing it was kinda hard for me because I've forgotten what normal is sef, but i enjoyed writing it because it was an escape for me and I'm doing this to improve my writing.

But mehhhhn the protests and unrest finally messed with my mental health. I think we were very close to a war, especially in Lagos. Alot of people died, businesses were destroyed, there was just too much for me to handle in these last 3 weeks.

As you know, this story is literally a Lagos story, most of the scenes are in Lekki-VI-Ikoyi. But you see, during the hoodlum rampage (after the lekki shootings on the 20th of october) alot of stores, restaurants, businesses and malls in lekki were vandalized and completely destroyed. Its so traumatizing passing through lekki toll gate now because i keep thinking about the people that died there and the ones that died on the mainland and other locations across the country (that people don't even talk about O).

The crazy stories we heard from victims of SARS brutality still haunts me and honestly i just couldn't bring myself to write one yeye 'love story' on wattpad.
Funny enough i even referenced SARS in chapter 7 when Toyin low-key profiled Osaze as a 'yahoo boy' just because he had a laptop and iphone.

I already know all about how SARS officers target and extort money from young people working in the tech industry, but some of those stories we heard during the protests were so bad they left me heartbroken.

My mind was not in a good place. We have some serious, deep issues to fix in this country 😭.

#ENDSARS my people! ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

Had to get that off my chest first.

WHAT NOW

Anyway, so today i was on IG and i saw a skit video of Beverly Osu (Actress) and her character in it reminded me of Toyin and then i remembered that i have one story like that on wattpad and i suddenly felt like writing again 😭. (Thank you Beverly Osu btw)

Good news: i will be dropping chapter 14 on Wednesday 9pm.

More good news: Chapter 15 and 16 during the weekend.

I'm back now for real 😎

By the way i am casting her as Toyin 🙂 ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

What do you guys think?