SEVEN

"Was it that good?"

"Give me my watch" She snapped at him with her right palm outstretched.

"What watch?" His acting was bad. "Wait a minute, is that the excuse you want to use for coming back? What a cliché!"

"I don't have time for this, my friends are waiting outside, give me?"

He went back into the room, "I didn't see it" grabbed a shirt and wore it before sitting on his plastic chair and started typing on his laptop.

She followed him in warily. He was typing something seriously on his computer. Hacker? Yahoo boy?

"Please now. I am in a haste?" She pleaded

"Search for it yourself, I am busy" He said without looking up from his MacBook. He looked like was trying to finish off something.

She gave up on asking him then started searching herself. She tapped the bed, lifted the sheets. Picked up some clothes on the floor with the tip of her fingers. She moved to the table to search, it wasn't there as well. She used that opportunity to peep at his monitor, he was writing code. She concluded he was a yahoo boy.

"Don't you have a job sef?" She asked him as she returned to the bed lifting the edges of the mattress.

He ignored her.

"Are you a yahoo boy?"

She caught his attention this time. He laughed thunderously. "F-sars would be proud of you, for asking me that."

She frowned feeling a little bit guilty for stereotyping a young Nigerian man with a laptop.

He hit enter on his computer, slammed it shut. Then turned back to her.

"You know I'm actually hurt that you can't remember last night. I put on a great performance, it's so unfair." He sulked.

She eyed him then went back to her search.

"Is this what you're looking for?" He held up the watch up to her. She stood up immediately, smiling sheepishly. When she tried collecting it he raised his hand up.

"Osaze, please I don't have the time" She tried to reach it standing on her tip toes, but the guy is tall. She didn't even notice he was this tall that night perhaps, because of her high heels.

"I have one question to ask before I give you," He demanded "and you have to give me an answer"

"The answer is no!" She said suspecting he was about to be naughty again.

"Do you even know what I want to ask?" He laughed

"Okay, go ahead" She frowns at him.

"Why didn't you just call me for it?" He asked with a smile "I would have sent it to you. You wanted to see me again shey?" He raised his brows questioningly.

"I don't have your number" She said.

"But you do. You saved my number that night, but refused to give me yours"

"I didn't save it!"

He laughed wickedly "You can lie for Africa"

"Please give me my watch I don't have time for this" She stretched to reach it again. But he stretched his hand higher.

"Prove it." He says.

"Prove what?" She was getting really irritated.

"That you don't have my number?" He said "That's the only way I'll believe you didn't forget your watch here on purpose just to have an excuse to come back"

She drew out her phone quickly. "Oya, your number?" She dialed it and it was indeed saved as:

Sugarcane

Both of them bursted into laughter when it came up. She was speechless. She couldn't deny it, she did save his name as 'sugarcane' that wild night.

He licked his lips closing the gap between them "Take your watch Toyin" He grabbed her left hand and started sliding the watch on slowly. The sexy bastard caressed her fingers softly as he pushed the timepiece up her wrist. She should have snatched her hand away because what happened next restrained her common sense. His seemingly harmless action took her back to the moment he removed it on Friday night;

When they got to his place that night, he asked her to dance again since she was too shy to dance properly at the club. He played one of those fireboy songs on his bluetooth speaker and she danced for him while he sat on the chair watching her keenly and hyping her up.

She danced seductively as a joke at first, then she went wild and sat on his lap, wrapping one arm around his neck. This was supposed to be jokes o, but their eyes met and no one was laughing anymore. She tried to get up but he held her waist tightly with his left hand pinning her weight down on his lap. He caressed her long legs with his free hand passionately, his eyes still locked to hers before unbuckling her sandals one after the other in a swift move.

He took her left hand in his and brought it to his lips, kissed them lightly then stroked it delicately moving his hand up her wrist. When the watch obstructed his movement, he unclipped it, slid it off and tossed it on the bed. When he looked up at her face again SHE kissed him-

She snapped back to the present as her back hit the wall and her phone started ringing immediately. He had gotten so close to her and she was moving backwards unconsciously. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his burning breath on her forehead. The top two buttons on her shirt were undone, he looked at her cleavage briefly before moving his eyes back to her eyes, staring straight into her soul. He looked like a hungry wolf ready to devour her. She knew that if she had stayed there like that he would have done some wild shit to her.

He seemed to have noticed that she was out of that plane where she throws all caution to the wind because he quickly clipped the watch and let go of her hand, smiled then jumped on his bed.

She didn't even know she was holding her breath until he turned away. He did that on purpose, he wanted her to remember what they did on Friday night that was why he offered to wear the watch for her like that.

"Hello" She answered her phone her voice dry and raspy. It was her taxi driver, Ola.

"Aunty Toyin! 15 minutes don pass, but this house sef, I.... how I go enter? the place be like say-" There was fear in his voice. Imagine after he has finished making mouth that he has cutlass.

"I'm coming out now, start the car" She hung up then looked at her tormentor one last time. He was lying on the bed, tapping away on his phone innocently like he didn't just try to seduce her seconds ago.

"Thank you" She said to him as she turned the door knob to leave.

"Toyin" He called. She stopped without turning back.

"Whenever you make up your mind. Just call" He said with seriousness in his voice.

She didn't say anything. She just left quietly.

When she got downstairs she was startled by a chubby guy in the living room. He said he was Osaze's friend. He was moving stuff out the kitchen and going through the bunch of storage cartons all over the place.

"Sorry, I didn't know Osaze had a guest around, I just came in" He apologized

"It's okay, bye." She ended the conversation quickly rushing towards the door. The guy looked like a chatterbox and she didn't want to spend one more second under this roof.

Thanks for reading guys! It's so exciting to know that there are other humans out there enjoying this story. Your comments and votes keep me going, una too much! 💖💖

⬇️⬇️⬇️Don't forget to vote. Thanks!