Chapter 13. Mind Games

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" she asked adjusting her robe tighter around her body.

"I'm more than just a businessman in this city, Kaitlyn. I could run this whole damn town if I wanted to, so think twice before you decide to pull this shit on me again! Do you know how fucking worried I've been about you? What the hell were you thinking leaving the mansion at 2am! And of all the places to find you, you end up in a hotel by the Tenderloin, it's a miracle you're still alive!"

"Why did you come for me?" Kaitlyn wanted to know. "You made it very clear how you saw me last night. You told me I could leave if I didn't feel comfortable around you anymore and I don't!"

"Kaitlyn, I didn't mean what I said. Those words were spoken in anger. I was angry at Raine because I warned him to stay away from you and he disrespected my wishes. I was angry at you for being tricked by him so easily. And, I was angry at myself for feeling so strongly about you the way I do. I should have apologized to you sooner instead of waiting until the next day. I just thought we needed time to cool off. I didn't think you'd be crazy enough to leave at night on your own!" He grabbed both of her arms and shook her. "I'm furious with you!"

The towel she'd wrapped around her hair after washing it fell to the floor. Her long hair tumbled down around her shoulders as she stared up at him too stunned to say anything. Taylor pulled her into his arms and held her tightly against him. His chin rested on top of her head. "Don't you ever leave me again, damn you! I swear I'll put a bolt on the outside of your room where you can't come out until I let you."

"You confuse me," Kaitlyn mumbled into his chest.

"I know how I felt when you disappeared and it's not a feeling I ever want to experience again," Taylor told her. He paused as if realizing for the first time she was half naked. "You smell so damn good..." He pulled away slightly to look down at her and moaned. Why the hell did she have to be so beautiful? She was dressed in only a red terry robe. The color suited her.

Kaitlyn jerked away from him as if sensing what was about to happen between them. She held her robe together tightly and glared at him. "So you came to take me back..."

"Have you been listening to anything I said, of course you're coming back with me."

"What if I don't want to go back? You can't force me to," she challenged him.

Taylor stared at her, suspiciously. He wasn't use to her not doing what he wanted to.

"What? Just because you found me doesn't mean I have to go back with you. Did you think I'd get all doe-eyed and adoring and do exactly what you want because you came to get me?"

"I understand, you're still angry at me..." Taylor started.

"I resigned Taylor, I don't want to work for you anymore."

"You cannot mean that," Taylor said taking a step towards her.

She didn't, but she wanted to make him suffer a little. Actually, she was very touched that he had gone out of his way to look for her. She hadn't expected him to show up at her door.

"What the hell would you do here alone? You don't know anyone!"

"Doesn't matter...I'm a survivor remember?"

"Then those words you spoke to me the other night about wanting to stay by my side, no matter what. Was it all a lie?"

Damn, he got her there, Kaitlyn thought.

"Was it a lie, Kaitlyn?" He pulled her into his arms and kissed her. The kiss was hard, dominating, punishing, and it totally overwhelmed her. "Tell me it was a lie and I'll let you go," Taylor whispered when he finally pulled away from her only to start kissing the nape of her neck.