Chapter 17. The Disgruntled Kitten

It wasn't until the afternoon when Kaitlyn woke up alone in bed. She slowly sat up, realized she was naked and pulled the covers under her arms. The curtains had been opened blinding her temporarily with the sunlight. She let out a pitiful little moan. Her body ached all over. Damn, the man had stamina; she could barely keep up with him. All night he'd taken her so many times, made love to her in so many ways, it was as if he couldn't get enough of her. Sometime during the night, she'd pointed out that he hadn't worn a condom and needed to get one. "I'm clean," he told her and continued to ravish her. She realized he hadn't even asked if she was on birth control or if she was clean. Did he even care? It wasn't like him to be so careless unless he wanted her to get pregnant. Luckily, she was already on birth control and was also clean from the doctor appointments Taylor had made for her. She wondered if he already knew. He'd finally left her alone around five a.m. She'd fell into an exhausted sleep in his arms.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Anna," Richard's voice came from the other side of the bed.

She screamed and held the covers close to her body. "Richard! What are you doing in here?!"

"Master Braxton wanted to make sure you took a warm soothing bath when you awoke. I hope I didn't disturb you."

Awkward...Kaitlyn thought. Richard stood beside her bed in his usual uppity stance as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Kaitlyn blushed and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. "Um..this isn't what it seems you know..." she began, then gave up with the outrageous lie when Richard raised his eyebrow in amusement. "Okay, it's exactly what it seems..."

"I've taken the liberty of bringing you lunch; it's waiting in the dining room. I also brought you a change of clothes that I've laid at the foot of the bed."

"Richard, please...I...this is too embarrassing..." For some reason Kaitlyn realized she cared about what the butler thought of her.

"It is an honor to serve the lady of the house," Richard smiled.

"Lady of the house?" Kaitlyn asked in disbelief. "What exactly does that mean?"

"I believe it means you have become more than just a personal assistant," Richard smiled at her confusion. "If you need anything Mistress Anna please use the intercom to call me."

"Wait," Kaitlyn told him when he started to leave. "Why are you suddenly calling me Mistress?"

"You are now my Mistress."

"Says who?" Kaitlyn wanted to know.

"The Master of the house of course."

"I don't understand..."

"Master Braxton will explain."

"And just where is "Master Braxton?" Kaitlyn said annoyed.

A smile quirked the corners of the butler's lips. "He had to go in to work today. He also told me you are not to leave the room until he returns. Will that be all, Mistress Anna?"

Kaitlyn shivered, "Ugh, stop calling me by that title Richard, I feel like Taylor has a wife and I'm the other woman," she suddenly gasped. "He isn't married, is he?"

The smile threatened to grow larger on the butler's mouth, but he stubbornly won the battle. "No, Mistress...I mean Miss Anna."

Kaitlyn sighed in relief. Richard bowed to her and left. She was not use to him acting so formal to her. She was not expecting the sudden change in her role. What was Taylor up to? One night of wild, passionate, lovemaking and she was suddenly the lady of the house? What exactly did all of it mean?

I love you..

She suddenly remembered Taylor's words whispered in the throe of their lovemaking. She had dismissed them not wanting to believe he meant it. And yet, even now, her heart began to race.