Chapter 16. Taylor's Fury

"Michael you made it!" Mia said appearing in the doorway beside Kaitlyn. "This is Kaitlyn Anna..." she paused when saw Taylor. "Taylor? What are you doing here?"

Taylor frowned at Mia and grabbed Kaitlyn's arm. "You're coming home with me, now!" He pulled her to him so forcefully; she dropped the flowers and staggered.

Michael grabbed her other arm. "I don't know your relationship to Kaitlyn, but no woman should be treated this way," he pulled Kaitlyn towards him.

Kaitlyn suddenly found herself in a tug of war between the two males. She hadn't expected Michael to touch her so familiarly since she'd just met him. He meant well, but wasn't he doing the same thing Taylor was by trying to pull him towards her so forcefully?

Taylor's brown eyes lit with fury at the other man's hand wrapped around Kaitlyn's arm. "I don't like other men touching what belongs to me!" He hissed in that arrogant voice of his. "Let go of her." He yanked her against him.

Not to be outdone, Michael yanked Kaitlyn back towards him. "She's my date for this evening which means she belongs to me tonight."

Kaitlyn stared at him. Was he seriously challenging Taylor? She didn't even know him. She felt like her body was about to be ripped into pieces. "Stop it both of you. Are you trying to tear me in half?"

"You're hurting her!" Michael told Taylor and jerked her towards him again. "Let her go!"

Taylor pulled Kaitlyn towards him in one powerful jerk that caused her to stumble and fall against him. He wrapped one arm around her, holding her close to his chest and punched Michael in the face. Michael flew backwards off the steps and landed into a crumbled heap face down on the ground. He didn't move...

"You killed my date!" Kaitlyn screamed at him in horror.

"He's still breathing," Taylor told her looking slightly disappointed.

Michael's body twitched. He suddenly jerked into a sitting position. "You ass, I'll sue you for everything you've got!"

Taylor looked undisturbed by his threat. "Do you really want to sue me? After all, did you not grab a lady you just met in a very forceful manner? I asked you to let her go and you wouldn't. I was only trying to protect her from a stranger she'd just met."

Michael's face changed from anger to recognition to fright. Kaitlyn watched his face turn pale. "Wait a minute you're Taylor Braxton...You're right, it's my fault. I'm very sorry. I shouldn't have touched her."

Mia ran down the steps to help Michael up. "What is wrong with you people?"

Aidan came outside and stared at Michael curiously. "I called Taylor because Kaitlyn does belong to him in a way. Why were you fighting him?"

Michael looked at Kaitlyn. "Look at her; if you were single...wouldn't you fight for her?"

Kaitlyn blushed at his compliment.

Taylor growled. "Let's go."

"I'm not going home with you," Kaitlyn told him. "I want to continue my date with Michael."

"Do you really think I'd let you go out with a stranger?"

"This stranger is at least willing to fight for me, that's more than I can say for you!"

Taylor winced at that, her words striking deep. "I should have known you of all people wouldn't mind running off with men you don't know!" He found himself striking back.

Mia gasped. "Taylor!"

Taylor regretted his words as soon as he saw the hurt look on Kaitlyn's face. His hands turned into fists. Why was he always hurting her when he cared so much about her? She drove him crazy.