Chapter 24. Taken

Kaitlyn stood over the bed she'd shared with her soon to be husband and glanced around the room. A man's sock hung over the ceiling fan, ripped boxers lay on the floor, and Taylor lay on the bed face down with his tie wrapped around one wrist. She vaguely remembered tying him up and attacking him. She blushed at the memory. Things had gotten a little out of hand last night. A strong sense of power had suddenly taken over her making her want to dominate an already dominating man. Talk about flipping the script, she'd taken him completely by surprise and wondered how he'd react this morning. Perhaps, she'd just sneak out of the room before he awakened and do a little shopping...

She'd gotten halfway across the room when he called out her name in a rather ominous tone. She paused for a second wondering if she should take off running instead of going back to him. He didn't give her a chance. Strong arms wrapped around her from behind capturing her against his very warm, muscular body. She glanced at them in a mirror nearby and caught sight of the big, naked, gorgeous man wrapped around her fully clothed body. How could she resist him? He was sexy as hell.

"And just where do you think you're going?" he asked in a deep, masculine voice and nibbled teasingly on her earlobe.

Her heart began to speed up. "Shopping..." she managed to squeak out.

"Someone has been a very naughty girl last night," he told her. "Do you really think I'd let you leave without exacting my revenge?"

"Oh, come on Taylor! I didn't mean anything by it," Kaitlyn tried to keep from laughing.

"You damn nearly broke my manhood woman," Taylor told her and picked her up.

"How is that even possible?" She giggled when he tossed her on the bed and watched as she bounced around on the mattress. "Any more of this and I won't be able to walk for weeks, then who's going to run your business for you?"

"I'll just roll you around in a wheelchair," Taylor grinned.

Both laughed at his comment. Taylor playfully fell on top of her, trapping her between his heavy body and the bed. He laid his head against her chest and sighed. "My world has never been the same since I met you. You fill my life with a joy I've never experienced before. It's quite...humbling."

"Are you saying I'm finally taming the beast?"

"Taming me? Never!"

Kaitlyn laughed and ran her hands through his hair. "You have changed from being so uptight and strict, not a lot, but just enough to make it bearable for me to deal with you," she teased.

Taylor chuckled softly. "I suppose love will do that to a man, but you've changed too, Kaitlyn, you're beginning to actually realize you deserve everything I could give you including my love for you."

She blinked at his insightfulness, totally unprepared for that remark. "I...suppose you're right..." A warm smile appeared on her lips.

"I want you to show me your life here," Taylor looked up at her.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to know everything about your life here in Atlanta. I want to see the foster home you grew up in, the place you lived with your ex, the old jobs you worked, where you liked to hang out, your college, everything!"

"Aren't you being a little obsessive about all this?" Kaitlyn raised an eyebrow.

"No, you're the love of my life, why wouldn't I want to know these things?"

She had no reply to that.

They spent the entire day revisiting all the places he wanted to see. She had no idea why he was so interested, there was nothing much to show, but he seemed fascinated. No man had ever gone out of his way to get to know her on such a deep level. It was rather flattering, but also brought up memories that were painful for her.