Prolouge

"I'm sorry Audrey , but things happen. It's life get over it " Audrey's best friend since diapers spoke. Audrey could feel the tears brimming in her eyes as she watched her now ex boyfriend wrap his arms around Jaterria's slim waist.

The smug look on her smooth dark skin was something she'd never seen. If was if she intentionally wanted to hurt Audrey. She was treating her like they'd hadn't grown up telling each other their deepest darkest secrets.

In fact it was who she ran to about Chevy. She told her things she couldn't imagine even discussing with someone else. She was her sister from another mother, or so she thought up until now.

Hurt wasn't the word for what she was feeling right now. "I never did anything to hurt you Chevy I was amazing to you and you betray me by showing up to our date with my best friend? The same person who you supposedly didn't want me around because you said she was a bad influence?" Audrey spat towards Chevy, her boyfriend of four years who seemed to be unbothered by this whole situation. He shrugged his shoulders and avoided eye contact with her.

"Are you ready Jaterria ? " He asked looking down at her.

Jaterria tiptoed and Audrey's heart clenched as her lips pressed against the lips of the man who she was deeply in love with. This was real. This wasn't some sick dream.

"Give me a second to talk to her" Jaterria spoke lowly being sure to rub his face soothingly. The sight made Audrey sick seeing as they had just been sexual that morning.

He nodded his head before sitting back down at another table and pulling out his phone. Audrey could feel the heartache growing as she looked into the eyes of her former bestfriend.

"Look we didn't mean for any of this to happen and we've been wanting to tell you for the last two years, but I didn't know how to. I never would have done this on purpose you know me Audrey. Plus there are plenty of men out there and I have hope that you will find a good one. Maybe he just wasn't meant for you" she spoke softly as if that would make it better.

Audrey stared at her with an unreadable expression. The sick audacity of her. The longer she stared the more tears filled her eyes. "here I was excited to tell him I'm carrying his child and y'all drop this shit on me" She spat.

" WHAT?" They yelled in union. She snatched the 22 week sonogram out her purse and slammed it onto the table showing them she was in fact telling the truth. Taking after her mother she hadn't started showing yet. It was something she wanted to keep private until she was comfortable exposing it to chevy. As she was putting it back into her purse she caught wind of Jaterria's words.

"Give her the money to abort it NOW chevy" she angrily whispered in his ear. Chevy swallowed a lump before sighing and reaching into his pants.

Forgetting all rules that she'd set for herself and her child Audrey threw her drink in her face before launching across the table. "BITCH " Terria spat while attempting to block my hits. Grabbing the plate full of pasta off the table Audrey slammed it onto her face. The crack of her nose could be heard as she threw punch after punch. Ignoring the onlookers screams she continued to release my hurt and anger " HOW COULD YOU? " she was about to drag her but she was suddenly lifted off of her.

" LET ME GO " Audrey yelled while trying to wiggle out of the person who was holding her arms. She could feel their toned arms tighten as they ignored her protests and proceeded with carrying her outside. As she felt the night air slap against her face she could see Chevy standing against his truck with his head in his hands.

Feeling a rush of anger she snatched out of the person arms and launched at him. She got two good hits off of his face before she was snatched back again, this time around he made sure she couldn't move "LOOK you gotta chill ma. This shit crazy!" The deep voice boomed in her ear snapping her back to reality.

Looking around she could see someone holding Chevy back and people consoling Jaterria. Feeling like a fool she let out a sob before snatching her keys out of her purse and dashing to her car. Starting it she looked into the eyes of her now ex best friend once more. If she wasn't so afraid of prison she'd turn them into speed bumps for the pain they had caused on her.

Smirking and mouthing the word " bitch " she turned and kissed him. Slamming down on the gas Audrey hurried away from the scene with tears pouring down her eyes.

____________________________________
I started writing this when I was young asf so NOT TOO MUCHHHH.

Made us a Instagram to gossip about these books on chile, meet me there.