26

There will be a point of view switch in this chapter. Please be on the lookout for the bold letters. The song is for a specific scene.

        "Audrey you know you miss that man. Spider or whatever that man name is just a temporary fix" Mari spoke watching her cousin cook. Audrey had come over to cook for her and Akeem when honestly she just didn't feel like being alone.

She always felt like the was being watched and the silence was uncanny. Not to mention she had work to do to the house now that Mari was about to have a baby. There was a big ass stripper pole in the office room that they got installed for fun and that was no place for a child.

"I never said I didn't. I just said I'm done with him and it's ant"

"Well he ain't done with you" Akeem mumbled making Audrey's eyebrow raise. "What you mean?"

He stayed quiet while continuing to play his game. "I'll unplug this shit right now. Talk" Mari threatened. Keem shrugged his shoulders making Mari waddle towards the plug. "Ight chill I'll talk" He sucked his teeth.

"Bruh just check on you every now and then"

"So basically you be telling him what I got going on" Audrey rolled her eyes.

"Nah ion say shit. He just be parked outside your shit" Mari scratched her head as Audrey dropped the spoon she was stirring with. "This nigga be watching me? Your brother kill bitches?" She asked in all seriousness. She could feel herself getting hot at the thought.

"Nah it ain't no shit like that. He said Mari be staying over here and he know you don't like to be alone. Something about you be scared or some shit so he sit out there sometimes"

It was a sweet gesture but creepy nonetheless. "Ain't he fucking with somebody? He need to be worried about whoever left that big ass hickey on his neck the other day not me" she snapped while rolling her eyes and recounting the other day. He had the audacity to try and pull his hoodie on. She wasn't a dumbass she knew what was up and the shit wasn't small. He wasn't her man though so she couldn't get mad.

"A hickey bitch?" Mari asked getting irritated.

"A big ass hickey honey. I said oop hope she getting enough for me. I been in a drought"

"Aye I don't want to hear about that shit" Keem said cutting their conversation short. "Why you just won't be cool with the nigga"

Audrey ignored him.

"Food done". She had decided to cook Fried chicken, greens with neckbones, baked Mac & cheese, fried cornbread and candied yams.

"Hell yea" Mari said mushing Akeem's arm off of her. "I missed this shit so much you be cooking like somebody granny with big arms"

Audrey choked on her drink laughing. "Girl wtf"

"She ain't lying though" Keem said piling his plate with food. "Shit if you gone cook for us like this all the time you can stay single"

"Stfu keem" Mari spoke.

"Man just think about it we'll have a personal chef and shit"

"Just for that I ain't cooking until next month" Audrey mumbled grabbing a piece of fried chicken. She sat down thinking about Mahz and the fact that he be watching her place. It explained why she felt watched. She never saw his car though. She didn't get it.

"See man" Mari rolled her eyes. "Damn you ain't gone eat?"

"No appetite"

" she over there thinking about her guardian angel" keem joked.