Chapter 2

Kiara

Ring, Ring
I woke up to the sound of my alarm the next day. Oh God I'm so tired, but I must go to work, the joy.

I stumbled out of the bed into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and took a shower. I went to my closet and brought out my regular office clothes, which consist of a suit pants, a baggy shirt and a jacket. I fixed my hair into my normal messy bun, a little lip gloss and lastly my flat shoes and bag pack.

People always said I dressed weirdly, but I like my style of dressing because it's comfortable. When I got company, I saw Mr. Williams packing some files. I asked him what was going on and he said, “Something went wrong in the construction site of the new hotel in England, so I’m going there to sort it out. You will stay here this time, because I need you to continue my work here. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but till then I want you to take care of everything that happens here. And don't make any stupid mistakes”. And with that he left.

At first, I was happy because finally I have some freedom, but it didn't last because now I'm in charge of the whole company which means more work, yay!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Weeks later

For the past 2 weeks, I have been busy taking care of the company in Mr Williams absence.  God, it's stressful, I wonder how Mr Williams does it. I have attended too many meetings and worked on too many paperwork, it's just too much and exhausting. 

So, I decided to have a day off today, mainly because my best friend well only friend is moving to New York from California today. She bought a café here so she will be staying with me for a while till she gets a place of her own.

I am on my way to the airport to pick Isabella up. As soon as I got down from my car, I saw her with her luggage standing in front of the airport.

“Isabella” I shouted her name, she looked up and waved at me like a mad child, she ran up to me and hugged me, more like squeeze me to death.

“Kiara, OMG girl I’ve missed you so much, I'm so happy that we are staying together. We can do all the fun things I'm sure you never do. I mean you are so boring, but with me back in your life, girl it’s going to be fun, fun and more fun”.

“Ok Isa I get it, I'm a boring person that doesn't mean you get to rub it all over my face, though I miss you too”. We squealed and hugged again.

“Now enough talking and shouting, let's get your things into the trunk and hit the road cos I don't think you would enjoy New York’s traffic”. I said

We left the airport and went straight to my apartment to get Isabella settled in. When we were finally at home, I gave Isa a tour of my apartment.

My apartment is not all that, it just consists of a living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a balcony which shows a view of the city.

“Isa this is your room, the room on left is mine and the room close to the kitchen is my library and home office. Now let’s get you settled in”.

We started setting her room up, we arranged her clothes and shoes, then her books and some document and files. When we finished setting everything up, we went to the living room.

“Isabella you have a lot of clothes and shoes, and it not like you wear each one every day”. I complained because my back hurts so much just from arranging clothes and shoes.

“Oh please, will you stop complaining. I mean all this beauty just doesn’t suddenly happen, it needs tons of clothes, make-up, skin care, accessories and what not. And unlike you, I love fashion”. Then she started rambling about new outfits she was planning to buy.

“Isa” I called her, but she continued talking. “ISA”, I shouted, then she finally looked at me.

“You talk too much girl”. She pouted and folded her arms defensively. “Yeah, I can see you are very mature.”

We talked more and we were catching up on our lives while we were apart. We talked about her café, my job and also my boss.

Anyways, are you hungry?” I asked and stood up “I was planning on making dinner and watching a movie”. I said while going to the kitchen, Isa followed me and sat on the counter.

“I can eat” she answered, “but girl I am not down for watching a movie, like what do you do for fun except watching a movie and reading a book”. She looked at me accusingly.

“Well, I……. ok I got nothing, what do you suggest we do?”, I asked.

She smirked and said, “we eat, then we go to a club”.