Chapter 26

Kiara

Our car parked in front of Lee Jung head office located in central Seoul, Mr Lee and some important members of the company, I am assuming are shareholders, were all at the entrance, waiting to welcome us. We alighted from the car and Mr Williams went directly to Mr Lee to greet him.

They shook hands, and Mr Lee spoke first; "Teugbyeolhi Mr Williamsleul hwan-yeonghabnida, dangsin-ui yeohaeng-i sunjolobgo anjeonhagil balabnida".
(I welcome you specially Mr Williams, I hope your journey was smooth and safe).

"Gamsahabnida. Geuligo geuleohseubnida, yeohaeng eun hullyung haessseubnida", Mr Williams replied in Korean and I didn't understand a thing, it's going to be a long day for me.
(Thank you. And yes the journey was excellent).

Mr Lee gestured for us to move inside the building, with himself and Mr Williams in front, while the rest of us followed behind. Of course I walked directly behind Mr Williams.

We rode the elevator to the top floor where the meeting will hold in a conference room with a beautiful view of Seoul city.

Once everyone was seated, the meeting began. My assigned seat was next to Mr Williams, so I can easily pass him any document he needs, when he needs it. Since I obviously don't understand the language, I will just record the whole meeting, then I will translate later. I don't really have anything to do, since Mr Williams is doing all the talking, now my mind is going back to this mornings incident.
Mr Williams flirted with me, or I think he flirted with me, I have never been flirted with, so, I don't know if I can classify what he did as flirting.

That is by the way, but it felt like he was going to kiss me, oh my God and I was going to let him because I froze. Jesus! Everything is just coming back to me in slow motion  in my mind.

I don't know what to think. Is he playing me? trying to get me to sleep with him like the other girls he has been with or does he like me and want a relationship?. Importantly, do I want this? I am not so sure I am ready to experience this yet.

I think Mr Williams noticed that I was distracted, because I felt his hand caress my lap, that immediately jerked me back to reality. I looked looked around to  gain awareness of my surroundings, It seems like they had come to an agreement and it's time to seal the deal. So, I got myself together and quickly picked up my bag to get Mr Williams signing pen then I handed it over to him.

He collected the pen without saying anything or even frowning at me to show his displeasure, which is unlike him.

The two Presidents stood in front of the conference room, then they signed each documents presented to them and shook hands, there was a round of applause while a cameraman took their picture.

The signing meeting is over, now we just need to go to the renovation site of our new hotel here in Seoul.
We were accompanied by Mr Lee outside the headquarter building, where our car was waiting for us. One last handshake between Mr Williams and Mr Lee, we entered the car and we were driven back to the hotel.

The car ride was kind of awkward because of the tension between me and Mr Williams, I am sure even the driver could feel it. We reached the hotel in record time and I immediately got out of the car to quickly catch my breath, then Mr Williams came out and we walked into the lobby and entered the elevator to the penthouse.

The tension was there again since we were the only ones in the elevator and at this point, I think I am going to have a panic attack.

"Are you okay Kiara?"

I jumped when I heard his voice, I looked at him and he had a worried look on his face. He came closer and said;

"I am sorry for scaring you, but you look pale. Do you feel okay or are you stressed out?"

Then he put his hand on my head, like to feel my temperature, I let out a soft gasp and my whole body warmed up.

"I think you are coming up with a fever, your body is really warm, I think you need to go to the hospital"

I softly whispered a reply, "I-I don't think I h-have a fever, and I don't need to g-go to the hospital". The elevator doors opened up and I took the opportunity to quickly run into the penthouse and straight to my room. I locked the door and took out my phone to call Isabella because I am panicking and I need her to calm me down.

I was pacing in my room waiting for Isabella to pick up and immediately she did, I said;

"Help me"

"Kiara what happened, did your stupid boss say something bad to you again, oh I am coming straight to Korea right now and I so am going to beat him up" I heard rummaging in the background and I knew she was serious.

"No, no Isa wait, that's not what happened"

"Then why do you need help?" she asked

"I think Mr Williams is flirting with me", I answered softly. There was a long pause, then;

"WHAT", she shouted into my ear.

"I am not really sure, it just feels like he is flirting with me and I don't know what to do"

"Ok, calm down. I need you to take a deep breath, sit somewhere and tell me everything, and I mean everything, don't leave a single thing out, ok"

So I sat on my bed and I narrated everything that happened from the jet till the elevator.

"Oh my God!“ she exclaimed when I was done with the narration.

" What, is he actually flirting with me?" I asked anxiously biting my nails.

" No, your boss likes you", now it was me who shouted.

"WHAT".

A knock on the door brought me out of the shock and I heard Mr Williams call out to me;

"Kiara open the door, is something wrong, why did you shout?“.

_________________________________________________Hi my lovelies, I know my update is really slow, I apologize. I will not make promises of fast updates, but I promise to finish the book this year. I love you guys, thanks for reading His Assistant.
❤️❤️💖💖♥️♥️❤️❤️💖💖❤️❤️♥️♥️💖💖💖❤️❤️♥️