Chapter 20

Brandon
I hugged her

I don't know why, but I felt like she needed it. I was willing to wait for her to tell me the truth until she was ready. This feeling is new to me and I am seeing a new side of Miss Knight. 

I held her shoulders and looked into her eyes and said, "I assume this topic is sensitive to you, so I will just let it go for today. But, you have to tell me tommorow as you promised, because I need a reason for finding you almost dead in a graveyard. I almost had a heart attack you know".

"I am sorry sir, it was my fault. I promise to explain everything by tomorrow. Thank you for saving me", she said with relief on her face. 

"No it's not your fault Kiara, I know you didn't purposely do it", I assured her. 

We stared at each other with my hands still on her shoulders. I am still looking into her eyes, and they are mesmerizing. I was in a trance as I examined the features of her face, I am such an idiot for not realizing the rare gem I have. 

A knock on the door broke our staring contest, I coughed awkwardly and removed my hands from her shoulders. 

"Umm I will check who's at the door" I said. 

"Ok" 

I quickly stood up and made my way to check the person. 

It was the manager of the hotel and he wanted to talk about business and report on this branch. 

Being something I can't ignore, I told Kiara and went with him. 

We entered his office room and I immediately went to his chair to get comfortable for the work ahead. 

"Ok lets start with comparison between last year and this year's statement of financial position", I inquired. And it went on like that, as my body and mind changed to business mode. 

After reviewing all the documents and adding new details, I was finally free to rest. I left the office room, it was already dark outside and the snow was still falling heavily. I went back to the room and was greeted with a sleeping Kiara, who was on the couch, and the television still on. 

I went closer to the couch and looked at her face, she looked stressed and its making me worried,so, I carried her to my bedroom and gently dropped her on the bed, putting the blanket on her body. 

I left the room after turning the lights off and I went to the guest room. 

Today was crazy and I realized that I really take some things for granted. As I was showering, I thought of my the emotions I felt when I found her in the graveyard. I felt my heart twist painfully like I lost something important to me. 

The shower relieved the stress in my body and my mind. I put on my sweatpants and immediately I hit the bed, sleep took me away. 

"NO" 

I jumped from my bed when I heard a scream and I ran immediately to Kiara's room

I thought she was in danger, but when I got there she was still asleep and her body was shaking, sweat was on her face and she looked scared. 

"Miss Knight" I called her name to wake her from her nightmare, but she didn't respond. So, I went on her bed and shook her while calling her name. 

"Miss Knight, Miss Knight" 

"Kiara wake up, it's just a dream" I shook her. 

And this time, she woke up. She looked around first before her fear stricken eyes landed on me, when recognition registered in her eyes, she hugged my shirtless body like her life depends on me, she looked scared. 

She started crying and I consoled her by rubbing her back. 

"It's okay, it was just a dream. You are fine now, nothing is going to happen to you" I consoled as she kept holding me. 

After a while, she relaxed and started to fall back asleep, but she was still holding me. I looked at her and she looked peaceful and the fear left her face, her hair was loosen from her messy bun and long waves framed her beautiful face. 

When she finally slept off, I tried to remove myself from her as gently as I could, but she woke up immediately, she looked at me with pleading eyes, "Please stay", she said. 

"Ok" I decided to stay with her. She slept off again and snuggled her face into my chest. 

God I won't be able to control myself if she smells this good, her was hair so soft, I ran my hands through the waves. 

With her in my embrace, I fell into the best sleep I have ever had in my life with Miss Knight on the same bed. 

The next morning 

Sun rays on my face woke me up from my slumber and I felt at peace, because the scent on my pillow was so nice. It smelled like jasmine and honey, I was about to sleep again when the memories of yesterday came rushing back to me. 

I opened my eyes and found Kiara still snuggled up in my arms, holding me tight. 

I looked at her face and smiled, she looked adorable with a smile on her face. She snuggled closer to me and her luscious brown hair falls on her face. 

The moment was ruined by my phone ringing, I quickly picked it up from the nightstand, to not wake Kiara up. 

"What" 

"Good morning to you too, this is what I get for worrying about my best friend", Ethan said. "I have been trying to get to you since yesterday. Everyone has been worried since we heard the news about the snow storm". 

"Oh", I sighed and rubbed my forehead "I am sorry, it's just been hectic for me and I just need to rest. When the storm clears out, I will head back immediately". 

"Ok, so you meet any hot chick over there" he teased. 

"Shut up and get the fuck outta ma phone Ethan", I cut the line immediately. 

I checked on Kiara and she was still asleep, as gently as I could, I removed my arm from her tight grip. 

I ordered breakfast from the room service and then I went to freshen up. 

Once I was done, I came out to the room with only a towel on my waist. I heard a soft gasp, so, I turned towards the bed and found Kiara already awake, gaping at me. 
_______________________________________
Hi my lovely readers I know i promised a regular update, but I had a shoot which just ended last week and being on a break right now, I decided to update.
You guys are wonderful, thanks for your support for His Assistant.
Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you guys ❤️❤️😍💕😘💖♥️