Chapter 17

Brandon 

I woke up to the buzz of my phone. 

I checked the time on the alarm clock and it was 7:30 am, and today is the 11th of November, 2020.

Who texts someone this early on a Sunday morning. I checked my phone and saw that it was a mail from Miss Knight. 

I quickly sat on my bed to read it. 

"Dear Mr Williams, I will be taking my yearly three days vacation, starting from Monday the 12th of November, 2020 till Wednesday the 14th if November, 2020. Thank you sir. Kiara Knight" 

Well, that was straight to the point.

Miss Knight usually takes a vacation during this time of the year. I agreed to it because she said it was for her mental health or something like that. I didn't really understand because she didn't have any medical records in that aspect, but I accepted because she seemed desperate while asking. 

Since sleep has left me, I decided to freshen up and start my day. 

I brushed my teeth and took a long, hot shower to relax my muscles and mind from yesterday's ball. 

When I was done, I wore only sweat pants because why not it's my house and I went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast. I first started by brewing my early morning coffee, which I cannot do without. Then I made omelets, which turns out to be the only dish I can make. 

While I was eating my food, my phone rang. When I checked the caller, it was my mom. 

Oh no, did I do something wrong or say anything bad last night, I thought. 

I wearily picked the call, "Good morning mom", I greeted. 

"Morning Brandy" 

"Mom" I groaned, "Stop calling me that, Ethan is rubbing off on you". She giggled at my expense. 

"Ok, I am sorry. It just slipped out of my mouth" 

I rolled my eyes 

"So, why did you call", I asked as I resumed eating my food. 

"Can't a mother call her son cause she just wants to" 

She is up to something 

"Spit it out mom, What do you want?" 

"Ok, so a distant relative kind of died last week. He is to be buried on Tuesday, but I can't go because I am traveling to Canada this evening and you know your father doesn't attend these things. So, can you take my place?."

"Ahhh mom, but I have work to do" 

"Don't whine boy, I am still your mother and I can tell you what to do. Just take a vacation or something. That's why you have subordinates. 

"But Kiara is also on a vacation and she is the only one I trust with my work"

"That's good for her, at least she knows how to take care of herself, on like some son of mine", she reprimanded. "Just find someone to do it, you can't work all your life Brandon. Use this opportunity to rest, ok". 

Defeated, I yielded

"Fine mom, where am I going to this time" 

"It's in Colorado, I will send you the deets later. You are a life saver son, love you. Bye" 

And she cut the call on me, I shook my head and just kept eating. 

I finished eating and I went into my study to do my work for the week since I am taking a "vacation". And Kiara is not around to do the work.