03

I didn't know what to say. Nora never said what we would do if they found out early. I mean, i knew they were going to figure it out eventually but not this fast. Nora was leading us down the hall as I kept glancing up at her trying to figure out what we would tell him, but I couldn't read her face. Were we about to tell him the truth, even about us working with his arch-enemy Thawne? She eventually stopped in the middle of the hallway and opened the time room. The bright lights turned on instantly as we entered.

"What are we doing here?" Flash questioned.

"I want to show you something!" Nora said, cutting him off.

She raised her hand and rested it on the podium. Nora showed him the original article mom wrote about the Flash disappearing in a crisis before stepping back. He stepped forward, starring at the article confused.

"How long?" he asked, looking over his shoulder from me to Nora.

Nora raised her arm and clicked a button on her gauntlet, causing the hologram to change again. 16 Years Later, Flash, still missing, appeared as Flash studied the article. I could see the expression on his face change from confusion to disbelief in a matter of seconds.

"You never come back," Nora mumbled.

 He tried saying something, but he struggled to form his words as he looked from us to the article.

"How-how old were you when it happened?" he finally said.

"I was four years old when it happened and dawn-" Nora said, looking at me. The flash eyes also landed on me.

"I wasn't born yet!" I spoke up.

"Yeah, mom had dawn eight months later!" Nora continued." so neither of us has memories of you!" Nora said before the room went quiet, and the Flash continued staring at the article.

"I guess things don't always go as you plan!" Nora said softly.

"Your-your not stuck here, are you? He questioned Nora.

Nora took the negative tachyon enhancer out of her gauntlet and gave it to him.

"I found it in the museum archive!" Nora spoke up." negative tachyons harnessed on demand."

"And the time machine?" he said to me.

"It's not destroyed; I sent it home!"I replied." back to the future!"

He nodded as he took everything in.

"Guys, this didn't have to be a secret. Why did you keep this from us?" he said, looking from me to Nora.

"Because You would have sent us home the second we walked into Papa joe's house!" Nora continued softly ." I-I just wanted to learn how to be a speedster-how to be like you. Dawn is helping me, and I've been trying to learn on my own with what I know. But there's only so much you can learn from a museum!"

"What about mom?" he questioned.

"Mom is home in the future; she's fine!" I replied, nodding." it's just the three of us!."

"We're sorry!"Nora said, looking from me to him." we shouldn't have lied to you, but I wanted to meet you so badly."

The Flash was looking down as we dropped everything on him. His eyes looked glassy, and tears started to form in the corners. He was learning that he disappeared and missed our childhood, all in one day; that's a lot to take in. For the first time since i learned his true identity, I saw him as something other than just the Flash.

"I was so worried about screwing up our family-screwing up your childhood but-!" his voice cracked." but I'm not even there!" he said as a tear escaped his eye.