SEATTLE STADIUM

"I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it."

⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Seattle Stadium

⎯⎯⎯

No nation that existed past outbreak day could compete with the WLF stadium. They were united by their wishes to take back their land from Scars, and their mutual hatred for the FEDRA governing systems. A group that stayed together was stronger than any singular hunters scattered around the apocalyptic world, and the leaders and civilians that lived among the large nation took advantage of that. They had created a whole world out of the remnants of FEDRA, they were the strongest group.

But slowly, their walls were breaking. Everybody knew that the Scars were slowly infiltrating more and more of their land. Isaac told everyone that he had a plan, but in truth, the closest thing he had come to was blueprints for an attack on their island. It was only a matter of time until the WLF fell to the Scars, and the members feared for their lives. The stadium they lived in was being attacked more often, they were showing weakness.

Robin shook her head, stretching her arms above her head and yawning. She had slept on the couch the night before, leaving Kam and his strange attitude to the bedroom. He was acting odd, but his girlfriend sighed and brushed it off, getting up from the couch and cracking her neck. As autumn approached, the days began getting shorter. That meant only one thing. More nighttime patrols and assignments, which the woman absolutely loathed.

Three loud knocks rapped against her door, and Robin turned around, sighing and stepping away from her living room. She ignored the ice pack on her coffee table that had completely melted over the course of the warm night. She opened the front door groggily, only to face her best friend, Ollie Peterson. His gray hair trickled with sweat, he must have just gotten back from his personal training and workout for the day.

"You look like shit." Robin remarked playfully, chuckling to herself. The man only sent her a glare in return. Ollie was in his late fifties, and he was a veteran at the WLF stadium. He still was considered Robin's best friend, though, as they had known each other since she was only a young girl.

When she first got hired to work at the WLF, she was fourteen. She had just lost her whole life to the Scars, and she wanted pure revenge. But Robin soon learned to put that past her, and she realized that preforming for herself was more important than preforming for her revenge. So, Robin made friends like Ollie and Kam. Of course, she cared for Kam in a different way than Ollie, but neither of them were more important than the other in her mind.

Ollie rolled his eyes, holding his hand against the doorframe and letting his long hair sweep over his cheeks. "And you look like you haven't got a wink of sleep." He replied with much more concern in his voice. His eyebrows furrowed as Robin stepped back a bit, trying not to let him focus on the dark bags looming under her eyes.