33. Secret Strangers

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Flashback 3 years ago

"Why do you always bring me to the park?" Iris questioned as she glanced at a tall tree wondering if she could climb it.

"Because this is where my mum brought me when I was young,"

Iris rose her eyebrow at Amalea.

"And because it's free," she finished.

A loud laugh escaped Iris's mouth before she hummed in satisfaction.

"Mum brought me my ass," she mumbled.

They stopped and sat on a bench before pulling out a container of sliced grapes and started throwing them to the ducks whilst the sun started to set.

"So,"

"You don't like silence do you," Iris stated keeping her gaze on the ducks.

Amalea chuckled as she glanced at Iris but she just ignored her comment before she started talking again.

"I have a son like you,"

"Really," Iris dragged out.

"Two actually,"

Throwing another grape she asked, "What are they like?"

"Well the first one is just plain rude when you first meet him, definitely got that from his father," she reminisced before continuing, "he's not really good with his feelings but sometimes he does the kindest things, on rare occasions,"

Iris nodded, "What about the other one?"

A laugh escaped her lips, "He's sarcastic like you, to other people he's hard to love but if he lets you, you realise he's got the warmest heart, but that boy brings me so much trouble,"

Iris smiled as she watched the way Amalea's eyes lit up when she spoke about her children, she had that unconditional love. She loved them at their best but especially at their worst, they were lucky.

She wondered if her mum ever spoke about her like that, if she ever had that spark in her eye when Iris was in her mind, but it was probably just wishful thinking.

"Nah I'm probably more trouble," Iris spoke as a small smile grew on her lips.

"I wouldn't put it past you," Amalea said smiling at the young girl.

Iris looked at the tree she passed when they were walking down the path to the pond.

"I'm gonna climb that tree,"

Amalea rose her eyebrow, "And if you fall?"

"You'll be there, you won't catch me though you'll probably laugh at me or cuss me out in Italian,"

"Probably both," she laughed.

"You'd still be there though,"