26

"Yo!" Josh exclaims, doing a weird thing with his arms.

"Hello, come in," I smile as I hold the door open. He nods at me and strolls into the front room. I follow him and sit down next to him.

"You wanna watch something?" He asks, leaning forward to reach for the remote. I nod and he turns on Netflix. "Anything in particular?" He continues to question.

"I'll let you pick," I respond, turning to face him.

"Toy Story? Kung Fu Panda? Pulp Fiction? Godfather? Too many options," he lists.

"Hamilton?" I ask, turning my head to turn at him. He shrugs and flicks on Disney +, followed by putting on Hamilton.

"I've never seen Hamilton," he mumbles.

"I love it, I love musicals, and music in general. But Hamilton, it's so amazingly made and Leslie Odom Jr is an excellent singer and Burr deserved better," I laugh softly. His head tilted slightly as he lets out a soft chuckle.

"If you say so," he shrugs.

"Listen to Wait For It, he hits the notes, plus his voice is amazing," I continue. He laughs again.

"You love music then?" He asks as Alexander Hamilton blasts from the speakers.

"I do, I mean it can literally get you high, when you listen to a song you love it releases dopamine, and it's a language of emotion so it can literally control your mood," I confidently say, knowing my facts.

"Can music be bad for you?" He asks, like a child during a lesson.

"Yeah, it can be. Research suggests it can impact depression, illness, spending, perception of the world, productivity, some even suggest it can impact aggressiveness and crime," I say, my head staring at him. He nods along before letting out a "hm."

"Why do you know so much?"

"I watched a YouTube video a while ago, by Joe Scott. He does a lot about science and I learn a lot from him."

"You're smarter than I thought," he mutters.

"Rude," I laugh and jokingly hit his arm. He laughs too, his arms fighting back against my hands. I smile and dive ontop of him as a response. He continues laughing as he makes his body weak for me to be able beat him, I smile as I place my body ontop of him with my legs on both sides of his waist. Slowly, his hands move from in front of his face and slide to my hips.

"You're cute, El," he suddenly mumbles. I smile, leaning down and kissing his forehead softly.

"You're missing the film," I mutter back. He rolls his eyes, sitting up with his arms sliding to my back instead.

"I'm watching it," he defends, his head turning to the bright TV. For a few seconds I stop and stare at the side of his face: the tiny almost unnoticeable freckles, his ocean-like blue eyes with the reflection of the Schuyler Sister's dancing and to the tiny smile on his pink lips.

In a moment, I lean forward and kiss his lips. He looks shocked for a second before slowly kissing me back.

"Excuse me, Elyse. I'm trying to watch Hamilton," he whispers against my lips, so close I can feel them move.

"You watch the film," I mutter back. He kisses me softly and quickly once more before turning his head back to the film.

An hour later, he's bopping his head along to the Daveed Diggs singing. I smile, leaning against the corner of the sofa with a bright smile on my face.

"This is a good song, I like this one!" He giggles, moving his arms in a weird wave-like motion.

"Daveed Diggs is very talented, he's in Soul too," I smile, watching his hand slowly side up and down my lower leg.

"I can tell, also the choreography is smart, like how it takes the entire male cast to make Hamilton to look at Eliza instead of Angleica."

"You're observant, Josh."

"I like films a lot, like you with music. Especially, Pulp Fiction. I think it's the perfect blend between action and humor," he speaks, I listen carefully.

"I guess we both have our things, and I can't wait to learn more about your love for films," I smile. He leans forward and softly kisses my forehead, his hand carefully placed on the back of my neck. As he pulls away, I feel his lips move against my skin as he whispers:

"Number twenty-six: music."

-

Dedication: 13thWhiteWolf hii, thankyou for voting on my chapters and reading them. It means so much to me that you would because it's always motivation knowing I have support. You are the best, and your profile is gorgeous! ♡