0.3

There was something so serene about an early morning and the smell of coffee. The pure clam that wafted through the kitchen carrying aromas of coffee beans and creamer made Y/N's day. For a change, she had a day off from classes and because of her hard work the last week, she had given herself a breather to just relax before diving head first back into her studies the following Monday.

Sitting at the kitchen counter, the student poked her way through a bowl of frosted cereal, it was the junkiest thing in the house and after raiding her sister's all vegan pantry- she was delighted to find the sugary treat. Surprisingly it wasn't as bland as she had anticipated it would be. However it still tasted very much like grains.

A soft hum came from the living room as Y/N watched the Television from where she was sitting. She wasn't too caught up to date on American news so it was certainly something interesting and new for her to investigate. Usually when she woke up there was no time for relaxing, she had enough time to come to her senses and head out on the bus for class- or if she was lucky her sister gave her a drive to campus. But today, both women were off which gave Y/N the grand idea of hanging out together.

Pushing herself up from the kitchen counter, Y/N headed towards her sister's bedroom, ceramic cereal bowl still in hand as she shovelled spoonfuls of breakfast into her mouth. She could hear her sister's stereo playing lowly which peaked her interest- Why was she up so early?

"Hey Addi?" Y/N called out, swallowing a mouth of milk and cereal bits as she entered her older sister's room. "I have the day off- i thought maybe we could grab lunch or go shopping?" she suggested. As she came around the corner, she saw her sister standing in front of her closet. Wearing a pair of denim shorts and a bralette as she pulled her shirt over her head. Her makeup was done and Y/N wondered just how long she had been awake for.

"Can't- I have plans already." Addison smiled softly, she was pretty independent much like her younger sister, this much Y/N knew. But in the total month that she had been there, they had yet to have a day where just the two of them hung out.

Y/N pouted playfully. "I'm sure Tyler won't mind if you cancel on him to have some sisterly bonding time." she hummed, leaning against the door frame and taking another bite of cereal.

Addison made her way towards her vanity in her room- catching Y/N's eye in the reflection of her mirror. She grabbed a dark pink lipstick from her makeup bag and spread a thin layer across her lips, creating a delicate sheen. "My plans aren't with Tyler." She answered her sister. She brushed her hair behind her shoulder and walked past her sister- heading through the apartment to gather her keys and her bag.

Her sister was close behind, sporting a furrow in her brows. "Where are you going?" she asked, confusion laced in her tone. Part of her couldn't help but feel suspicious of her sister. Since when did she do anything without tyler?

Rolling her eyes, Addison huffed. "I'm spending the day with some of the girls on the team- and then were going to go for drinks later tonight." she spoke pointedly, her stare cutting into Y/N like a freshly sharpened knife. "Which if I remember correctly, you're not allowed to do." she hissed.

Y/N hated how catty her sister could be sometimes, she supposed that's what she got for having a cheerleader as a sister. The girl really didn't care. She didn't drink anyways. So she let her sister go, deciding to hang out at the house.

As her sister left, Y/N found herself walking around the apartment aimlessly, she was dying of boredom. There was nothing to do at her sister's place. Addison didn't play video games so there was no gaming system, and there were only so many episodes of the office that Y/N could sit through in one day.