0.7

Y/N had been tiptoeing around Addison for days. With every glance her sister sent her way, the younger woman felt like she was going to get sick. No matter what the topic of conversation was, whenever the blonde woman said her name, there was a chill that struck through Y/N's spine.

Her presence around the apartment had become almost nonexistent, she couldn't bare to be in the same room as Addison and Tyler. Every time she came home from classes it was almost a fifty fifty chance that Addison and Tyler were sitting on the couch- the same couch that Y/N had caught addison and another man on just a week prior.

If she was being honest, Y/N felt guilty. It was killing her inside not being able to tell Tyler what he so rightfully deserved to know. The pain and torture of wanting to do what was right while still keeping her loyalty to her sister was consuming her- she had nightmares about the whole ordeal and it always ended with everyone getting hurt.

Part of Y/N wondered if she was a bad person for keeping her sister's secret. Tyler deserved to know that his love wasn't being reciprocated properly, that while he was working hard day and night so that he could eventually build a future and a family, the girl he called 'mine' was out sleeping with other men.

There was a deep space in Y/N's heart that wanted this secret to never come out. She was selfish. Because underneath her morals and ambiguity, she was fearful. Terrified that if the truth came out, Tyler would want nothing to do with her anymore. She was one hundred percent sure that her and Addison were a package deal.

If he didn't have Addison, he had no reason to stick around and try to be friends with Y/N- and that fact that Y/N was just a side effect of his relationship pained her. Because her friendship and feelings for tyler would have never developed if Addison hadn't fallen for him all those years ago- so if you removed her from the equation, it was only logical that Y/N would lose Tyler in the process.

In her attempt to avoid Tyler and Addison, Y/N had been going out more- she needed a distraction from the situation at hand, so what better way to ignore someone, than to distract yourself with the presence of someone else. Which is where Miro came in.

He had been wanting to take Y/N out for weeks, and after losing interest in the people from her class, Y/N figured it was finally time to give him a shot.

She wasn't allowed to fawn over tyler, she wasn't supposed to even think about him the way that she had been. So she had to make a choice. Either ignore him and be miserable alone, or ignore him and be miserable with someone else.

The secondary option seemed more enticing, because if Y/N was alone, she wasn't sure she could trust herself not to call Tyler and tell him everything.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Miro hummed, picking at a french fry off of the dash of his car and plopping it in his mouth. He held a chocolate milkshake in his left hand- his eyes sparkling in the light as he tugged the red and white striped straw between his lips.

Glancing up from her daze, Y/N hadn't realized that she had become consumed by her thoughts. She let out a bashful sigh, pushing her hair behind her ear. "It's nothing really- Just been thinking alot." she admitted.

There was no way that she could talk to Miro about Tyler, they were teammates and friends- if Y/N had suddenly told him that Addison was cheating- the secret would be out and there would be no telling what repercussions would come of that.

Miro chuckled softly. "I can tell- is it school? Is everything alright?" he asked softly. He knew that he could only do his best to be kind. The two of them did not know each other other than over the last few nights of text messages and the one other lunch date that they had gone on.