Chapter 2: A new world

"Oong"

"Oh my, is our little lady hungry? Let's hurry and go to madam shall we?"

The Nanny carefully picked up the beautiful baby as if it was the most fragile thing in the world and walked through the hallway.

On the way there, you can hear the gasps and the awes of the maids and workers as they saw the cute little baby.

Finally, the Nanny knocked on the door and a voice of a woman can be heard, giving the Nanny the permission to enter.

The Nanny opened the door and there greeted us was a beautiful lady among the bunch of papers in the table. She has a pearly colored white hair that shines beautifully and sleepy dark night eyes.

"wooo...oong" the baby tried to made sounds telling she was delightful but sadly it was never delivered.

"My Lettie is finally here!" The lady exclaimed with a cheerful tone. Damn, no one's gonna think that this lady here already has a husband and a daughter. One can easily think that she was still in her prime.

The lady got up from her seat and carefully took the baby from it's Nanny.

"Let's eat now, ok?" she carefully held the baby, and sat down at her bed and fed the baby with her breast.

'THIS IS TOO EMBARRASSING!!!'

They will never know what the cute little baby was thinking while this was all happening. Heck, they wouldn't even know it was thinking.

******************************************

Hello I'm Sophia, wait, no, My new name is Zurine Scarlett Ria De Venice or what my parents and Nanny call me, Lettie.

After two weeks of listening to the maids and the people around me gossip, I was able to grasp this ridiculous situation that I was in.

It looks like I got reincarnated with my previous life memories intact.

'Am I a defective product now' Anyways, this place or this dimension that Im in is at the renaissance or midievel times whichever you want to call it. At first I thought I travelled back on time but I learned that this dimension has this thing called "✨Magic✨" or Mana.

'...................bullshi*'

It was utterly ridiculous until I saw it with my own eyes (saw her Nanny use a magic tool to heat up her room). 'Haaaaaa...' I can only sigh at this situation.

Moving on, This world or the Desmond Empire seems to have some sort of hierarchy system and I am born with a golden spoon! I was born as the only daughter of the Duchy De Venice.

My mother, Franthia Cryth De Venice, was a the daughter of a baron. And my father, Duke Clarence Von De Venice, was the third son of the De Venice Duchy.

Even though my father was in third line of succession he was able to become the duke because of his competence and hardwork. Besides his brothers were merely fools so he was able to succeed without any problems.

The only problem with my father was that he didn't accept any engagement with any noble ladies until he met mom.

Though there was a lot opposal in my father's family and vassals as my mother was at the lowest part of nobility and cannot be compared to the Duchy, my father payed no mind to this and got engaged with mom.

But as luck would have it, mom became a commoner as she cut her ties with her family because she couldn't stand his father's greediness and foolishness. Even though mom got demoted as a commoner who had nothing, they still carried on with the marriage.

Of course there were a lot of fuss but who would want to complain to the Duke of De Venice. Even though my mother is indeed a commoner, she still has a noble blood flowing through her veins.

Plus my Father is quite the talented man, either in politics and swordsmanship. He was a genius. So no one dared to go against the duke if you value your life.

A lot of noble, even inside the Duchy, mocked my mom but they couldn't do anything as she was the Duchess of De Venice so they can only mock her behind her back.

My father tried to solve it but the duchess said that they don't have to pay it no mind as long as they don't do it in her face. She will prove her worth with the work of the duchess in the Duchy and so she did. And a lot of people found out that the duchess was a kind and wise lady. The noble girls grew even more jealous.

Then I was born and the mocking worsened as the duchess couldn't even give birth to an heir. Even so, the Duke and Duchess loved each other and their newborn daughter as they stood tall.

But after 2 days the newborn baby of the Duchy of De Venice shook the whole empire. When the she opened her lovely eyes after two days, they were greeted with shining bright ruby like red eyes. The nobles had no choice but to shut their filthy mouths.

Why?

The Duchy of De Venice is family with the longest history in the empire besides the royal family. The Ancestors of the Duchy of De Venice, helped the first emperor found this empire. He was a legend. The Duchy of De Venice is known for their red eyes but as time pass by, the bloodline was mixed and their eyes became known as pink or a really pale red.

The whole empire knows that the one who helped the first emperor found the empire has red eyes as it has a huge statue in the plaza with red jewels embedded in the statue's eyes, plus they have a portrait at the imperial palace.

So when I was born, they couldn't mock the duchess who gave birth to a true a descendant of the Duchy of De Venice, where mixed and pink eyes were born. And so I was treated with outmost care.

*********************************************

Duke Clarence Von De Venice, a beauty with chromatic cyan hair and somewhat pale red eyes that is almost close to orange, was walking through the hallway.

No, walking would be an understatement because he was 'walking' in an incredible speed. You can see his posture was surely a one that is walking but his speed is the opposite.

Ah, yes, he was speed walking. As his posture was just a simple respect for etiquette.

He opened the doors and was greeted with his wife carrying their lovely daughter. His eyes immediately softened at this sight and slowly made his way over, as he was savoring the moment. The Nanny noticed this and quietly walked out of the room with a smile. 'Ah, what a lovely family.'

While closing the door, suddenly, her hand emitted a strange glow of pattern. The Nanny flinched, bit her lip and retreated to her room.

===============================
Author's corner

So scarlet's full name is "Zurine Scarlett Ria De Venice"
Zurine means, white cuz y'know she has white hair and
Scarlett means courage and passion. It also means bright red.
It's perfect especially for her eyes 👀