Chapter 7: The Imperial Library

"Greetings to the sun of Empire"

"I am the sole daughter of the Duchy De Venice, Zurine Scarlett Ria De Venice"

I said as a I bow my head to a certain degree. I carefully and gracefully lifted a hem of my skirt.

"Oh What a cute, lovely lady. You may lift your head"

Said the guy sitting on a GOLD THRONE!

Believe it or not but this man here already has two sons. Yet he still has an aura of dignity and youthfullness.

He had bright honey blond hair and pure golden eyes that somehow shines beautifully than any other jewels. For a moment, I fell a daze but quickly regained my composure.

"Hehe you flatter Lettie, your majesty.
You look preety too!"

I said while having a childish smile and eyes filled with curiosity.

****************************************

"Greetings to the sun of Empire"

"I am the sole daughter of the Duchy De Venice, Zurine Scarlett Ria De Venice"

Said the little girl with beautiful silky snowy hair and big round eyes with long thick eyelashes that shadows her unique red crimson eyes. Skin pale as snow as white while contrasting with her pinkish chubby cheeks along with her natural pink cherry lips.

She's only four years old but you can already tell that she's a great beauty.

"Oh What a cute, lovely lady. You may lift your head"

I said as I complimented her with a smile.

"Hehe you flatter Lettie, your majesty.
You look preety too!" she said.

It was a childish response at first but she skillfully played as a child while also not looking too arrogant and returned the greeting to me.

'is it just a coincidence or not?'

Somehow the air around her tells me that it may not be.

I unconsciously grinned while looking entertained with a hint of curiosity.

But sadly her father noticed it.

"Your majesty we have something more to discuss, right? My Lettie has to go"

I unconsciously looked at him with absurdity but quickly organized my face.

'my? Seriously? I know he loves his family but it's still surprising seeing it upclose'

I swallowed my laugh and continued

"Yes of course. I heard Scarlett here wanted to visit the imperial library. What an interesting hobby"

"Yes, Lettie likes books especially with pictures" she said with sparkling eyes.

Suprisingly, I found it rather cute.

I, the emperor, never should show any hostility or liking. I always play with different emotions to trick nobles so it's hard to know wether I'm showing my true emotions or not. I also met different kinds of people, be it beautiful or cute.

But right now, I feel like I want to pamper and spoil this cute little child infront of me.

How unlike me.

Now I understand why the Duchy spoil their lady so much. I thought she would at least be a little spoiled but I don't think she is.

Somehow there's elegance and maturity in those puppy eyes.