Chapter 12: The fall of Marquis Delfan

The Duchy was busy this week for the preparation of their beloved little miss' 6th birthday.

Even though this could be her debut for society she wanted to have a simple birthday party. Usually, young ladies start their debut at their 13th birthday but large figures such as the imperial families can make some exceptions and the Duchy of De Venice isn't anywhere lacking in terms of 'large figure' as he was dominating the whole empire.

The Duke of De Venice is close to the imperial family so no one would question if the banquet was held in the Imperial hall.

Being able to hold a banquet in the imperial hall is a large honor and achievement. Meaning that even the emperor himself acknowledge this gathering and even agreed to use the Grand Imperial Hall.

But seeing their miss holding the banquet inside the Duchy just for the servants greatly touched their hearts to the point they would want to be stepped by the miss.

The duchess was the one to organize the party and was also helped by the the butlers.

There are 3 butlers in the Duchy.

The Butler who helps and manage the servants and incharge of the managements of cleaning the Duchy.

Second, The Butler who manage small affairs inside the Duchy. Like receiving the guests, managing the letters entering and leaving the Duchy and mostly helps the duchess.

The third is the butler that helps in terms of accomodations of the knights inside Duchy. It's soldiers, supplies, needs, foods, training etc.

Even though their little miss hasn't gone to the training grounds, limited to their knowledge that she was already going in and out the training grounds, the knights already heard great things from the servants.

The Duchy is quite spacious and the knight's headquarters are quite far in where the main family is residing, so only little is known to the so called miss of the Duchy of De Venice, even in the knights.

Also adding to the fact that both parents is overprotective of their one and only child.

Because of this a malicious rumour started roaming around, saying that the little miss of the Duchy of De Venice is horrifyingly ugly and that's why they don't want her birthday to be attended by society.

Scarlet rarely goes out and little is know about her because of this the rumors was spread widely, little by little, taking different forms saying that she is not only ugly but is also a spoiled brat that harasses many people inside the Duchy.

This started because of the nobles that are jealous of the Duke and we're angry not being invited to the party as if trampling to their petty prides.

The Duke who had heard the report, crumpled both his eyebrows and the paper his holding.

"Marquis Delfan?"

"It's none other" Trevor answered.

'Well you did overdid it' Trevor thought.

The Marquis Delfan is known as a greedy and prideful noble. Unfortunately, one of his territories connects the trading system of one of the Duchy's business.

The Marquis secretly raised the toll little by little and tried to confiscate one of the products.

Unfortunately for him, the duke didn't let this go and made him pay back five times the money that he embezzled, not only that he also humiliated him in society. Although, the Marquis doesn't have a face to show nobility, he can't stand his broken pride, not even knowing that it even may lead him to his death.

Trevor sighed inwardly. Marquis Delfan made a lot of trouble and was spared by the merciful duke but this time he knows for sure that his head will no longer be attached to his neck.

Marquis Delfan landed on one of the duke's landmine.

But Trevor can't also forgive Marquis Delfan. Not only did he increased the workload, he also badmouthed the miss!

This cannot be forgiven!

Trevor shouted in his mind while nodding.

As he glanced back to the Duke. He felt a menacing aura from him and he has a menacing face.

The Duke opened his mouth and Trevor unknowingly gulped caused by the tension in the room.

"Make sure this doesn't go through Lettie's ears"

"Yes, your excellency" he bowed and quietly leave the room.

The Duke was in a bad mood.

A little pest on the side of the road dare to speak ill of his own daughter.

Such things were never permitted.

As he put his hands together, he thought of a plan to finally destroy the house of Delfan altogether.

*Bang*

The door opened violently and a beautiful pearled haired woman with beautiful majestic black eyes entered while carrying a crumpled paper within her hand.

The duchess who usually carries her elegance except when she's with her family had a distorted face.

"I heard"

"Yeah...."

"Is it marquis Delfan again?"

His husband nodded.

"I'm hoping you won't just end this with just destroying their house"

"Of course, such head is undeserving of a neck and body"

The duchess lifted the corner of her mouth and smiled.

"I indeed chose a good husband... Shall we discuss this matter?"

"No need. You can just focus on Lettie's birthday. I can handle it"

"You're the best" as she pulled a thumbs up.

"Yeah! The best!"

A small and cute voice squished in to the conversation.

"Lettie!"