Chapter 6: To the Imperial Palace

The sacred lands is filled with just basically mana beasts with intellect and Magical creatures.

The sacred lands is full of abundant Mana and high level Mana stones.

Mana stones can be treated as a storage for Mana. Mana stones are expensive but we do have some in the empires but the one at the sacred lands are high level.

Sadly, no one can enter the sacred lands as the creatures within it, looks down on humans and thinks of them as disgusting and weak creatures.

They have watched how greedy and foolish humans can be so they never trusted humans. Let alone let them enter the sacred lands or make a contract with them.

Making a contract with Mana beast give you a plus buffs and a companion but it's nearly impossible.

You can't force or threaten a contract either.

The surroundings of the sacred lands also has quite a lot of Mana but not compared on the inside.

So your empire being near the sacred lands is a plus but if one of your people tick off even one of the Mana beasts, your empire is as good as dead. It a double edge sword.

In the sacred lands, there is also a ruler. They also have some hierarchy and clans. Every Mana beast are quite powerful so ticking them off is a no no.

There aren't a lot of information about Mana beasts as there aren't many chance to observe or heck even meet one.

Back to the topic of the empires. Our empire, The Desmond Empire, is strong but with holes meaning we also have weaknesses.

Currently our empire isn't on friendly terms in the Anatolio Empire. We aren't on the verge of war yet but we aren't friendly either. The Anatolio Empire keep taunting the Desmond's king, King Eburhardth Farrell Enzel Cyneheard.

The Desmond's empire isn't of course tolerating this but they aren't also making it a big issue as the Anatolio Empire is center of the trading industry but lately our king's patience for them isn't lasting long.

Fortunately, it was around that time that The Desmond Empire signed an alliance or peace treaty to the Tundra Empire to cover up each other's weaknesses.

As said before a rebellion happened in the past but failed so the whole empire is in chaos. Finding traitors and their partners in crime, also filling up spots for the empty seats of the fallen nobles and a whole bunch of issues.

That's why they made an alliance to the Tundra Empire, as the Anatolio Empire might make the chaos in to their advantage.

After this Anatolio Empire wasn't making any moves. This was greatly suspicious but at the same time great.

Till this day the Anatolio Empire still haven't made a move or so they thought.....

This all happened two years before I was born. The rebellion was easily stopped by the emperor and the duke of De Venice.

This is all the information I gathered.

So now, the reason I want to go to the imperial library is because I want to know how to awaken my Mana core.

Every person has a Mana core and mana inside their bodies. But it's a different story if you want to awaken your Mana core and control or use your Mana willingly. Having a Mana core doesn't mean anything, you have to first awaken it to actually use it. The sturdier and larger your Mana core, the larger your potential.

A Mana core can also be called as a second heart. It's not because its close to the heart but when your Mana core get broken or shatters, you can immediately die.

Not everyone can awaken just because they want to, if they do awaken they either succeed or fail because they couldn't endure the awakening. Once you failed your awakening, you will never be able to awaken.

That's why magical artifacts are made but their are only a few of these and are very expensive.

Awakening happens by time. Usually you get awaken around 13 or 14 years old, some are much older or younger, around at least eleven.

But there is a way to awaken by will. But no one has ever done it before as they either couldn't do it as they're too young and impossible or they already awakened theirs.

Their are four types of elements which you can awaken as:
*Fire
*water
*wind
*earth

They can also awaken with both elements which are quite rare.

Once you awaken your ability, you can evolve it and be able to manipulate it. Evolving your element is really hard. A few only accomplished this. For example, you can evolve your earth element and be able to manipulate plants and such.

It's all up to you how to evolve and develop your own Mana and powers. You can also get extra buffs such as lightning, lava, metal etc. But your control over this will be very weak.

Now back to the topic. Awakening takes time. I already have read all the books in the Duchy so I already know there aren't books in our Duchy that gives you the manuals, even though the Duchy has the second grandest and biggest library in our empire so now I got to go to the largest library in the empire, the imperial library.

******************************************

The day has already come!

My father and I are in the same carriage which was really breathtaking. When I saw it, my eyes almost drop.

'I can already live lavishly if I sell this carriage. Aren't we too rich?'

My own father escorted me to the carriage and now we are heading to the palace.

Father broke the silence

"Lettie.."

"Yes papa?"

"If someone mocked you or try to hurt you, don't hesitate to ask for help, okay? I'll assign a guard for you. Don't ever let them mock you, ok? Use your authority, don't let them even talk to you. You can even ignore whoever they are because papa is here, okay?

My father blabbled with a worried voice and face.

Is this what you call nagging from your parents. Somehow I'm super touched.

"Don't worry papa, Lettie is strong like papa! Lettie can manage herself!" I puffed my chest with sparkling eyes and I look somewhat proud.

My father released a small chuckle.

"Yes, that's good"

The ride was quite spectacular as the carriage was extremely comfortable. I just casually look at the windows while waiting for our arrival to the palace.

I suddenly remembered about the underworld.

The underworld was like basically a large scale of black market. The empire does keep a close eye on the underworld but lately it's getting out of hand.

Then when the imperial palace came to the view of our carriage windows.

I widened my eyes at the luxurious castle.

'is that freaking gold?'

'No way right? Ha..hahahha'

'ha..... Crazy'