Stay

A/N- In this chapter we will see Klaus' reaction to seeing Hayley alive and Hayley trying to persuade Klaus to stay alive and Rebekah's thoughts on Hayley, Klaus, Elijah.

Klaus' POV

"Hayley" 

Klaus didn't know what to think, a part of him believed that she was back but the other part of him refused to believe it, refused to give him hope that she was indeed back despite the number of people he'd seen resurrected in his life. There was a loophole back when the other side and the ancestral side existed.

Hayley was in peace—yes, he had heard Elijah and Hope talking about Hayley and knew that she was in peace—and he thought that it was impossible to resurrect people that were in peace.

Hayley walked to him and Elijah and snatched the stake from his hand.

"How is this possible?" Elijah wondered out loud. Looks like he was having the same thoughts. The white oak stake and the fact that they had to die were all but forgotten.

"I don't know, all I remember was that one minute I was with the witches and the next I was in pain and blacked out, only to find myself in the exact place I died, feeling pretty undead."

He missed hearing her voice.

But before Elijah could say anything else he said "How do I know that it's really you and not some trick by a witch?" he tried to say it indifferently but they could hear the emotion in his voice.

"What you do need me to do to prove that it's really me?"

"Tell me something only Hayley will know."

She thought for a moment and said " I tried to reach out to you by sending texts and calling you and when that didn't work I wrote you letters but you being your usual dick self resend all of them." He could see Elijah's eyes widen from the corner of his eyes at that information.

He could tell that she was only joking with the last part but that thought was overshadowed by the many emotions that ran through him after she said that.

She really was alive, somehow she has come back (probably the witches work) but he couldn't care less about their intentions at that moment.

A wide grin formed on his face and he hugged her tightly, he could feel her wrapping her arms around him just as tight. He buried his face in her hair and took in her scent. It felt good to have her in his arms, to see her alive. He felt euphoric at that moment.

It wasn't a long hug but it wasn't a short one either. He pulled away and she hugged Elijah. He could see how shocked he looked since it's his fault that she died in the first place but they knew that she had forgiven him. That much was obvious since she told Hope to remind Elijah about the dance.

He felt a shot of jealousy at that display.

They pulled apart and he couldn't help but notice and feel glad about the fact that their hug was short.

The white oak stake caught his eye and he sobered up.

"Hayley, if you're here to convince us not to kill ourselves, I'm afraid you've had a waste of journey."

"You're daughter need you, Klaus you yourself told me that and now you're just gonna kill yourself!"

"But—"

"No buts, why don't you just put the hollow in someone else like Aurora and kill them instead!"

He sighed but stood his ground "she'll still have you." he whispered.

"Hope needs both her parents, you've been away for most of her life and now when you have the chance to be there for her you choose to die!"

They were shouting now.

"It can't be just anyone to take in the hollow and die if you hope for it not to return as a spirit again! It has to be someone powerful!"

"Then why don't you put it in several people like your enemies and kill them instead! This is the first time I'm actually glad that you have so many!"

"Niklaus, listen to her."

He knew that his brother would take Hayley's side, not because of his feelings for her but because he would prefer for them not to die. He ignored him.

"You spent a thousand years living, and killing anyone who wanted you dead and now you're arguing with me for your death!"

"I've changed and I'm doing this for Hope to live!"

"Not when there's another way!"

Silence

It was Hayley who broke it.

"Please, Klaus your family needs you, Hope needs you, I need you." she whispered the last part.

How could he say no to her. Now that she was alive, the suicidal part of him vanished but he still had his pride to keep and deep down he knew that it was the only reason he was still arguing with her. He kept quiet and with a little more persuasion from her he finally said "I suppose now that your alive Hope and the rest of our family will be happy to see you." although reluctantly and gestured for his brother to come with them.

He could see Hayley grinning from the corner of her eye like she could believe that it would be that easy to convince him to stay.

He rolled his eyes and against his will, his lips curled up into a smile.

Rebekah's POV

She was in bed with Marcel asleep next to her. She still couldn't believe how terrible her life had become in just a couple of weeks. First Hayley, now her brothers.

Nik had been a sweet little boy who was always kind to her since they were children. After he turned into a Hybrid, he became completely different, slowly becoming more ruthless with time. He had daggered her and killed all her past loves before Marcel and despite it she loved him.Thinking about him brought tears to her eyes.

She got out of bed and went outside so that she can grieve peacefully without waking Marcel.

Elijah, her other brother had also been there for her during their childhood, he would comfort her when she cried while Klaus was getting beatings from her father. They would often sneak some food to him and help him without their father knowing.He would also keep her rendezvous with her lovers a secret from Nik.

She had many fond memories of him.

She was still super pissed at him and hadn't forgiven him for having a hand in Hayley's death but she still cared about him.

She missed Hayley, that girl had been her best friend for the past 16 years. She hadn't ever had someone to just be there for her without wanting something from her or betraying her and that was saying a lot since she lived for a thousand years. She was like a sister to her and she would give anything to have her back. She was--

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Marcel wrap his hands around her from behind. She sighed "I miss them"

"I know"he kissed her softly.

She knew Marcel was grieving them too. She didn't know how he felt about Elijah dying but Nik raised him, treated him like a son and Hayley was a close friend of his.

But before she could say anything else, they heard footsteps and the door opened.

Her jaw dropped when she saw who it was.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story! :)