Almost...

A/N- In this chapter we will see Freya's thoughts on klayley and go deeper into Klaus's thoughts, and a haylijah moment and Hayley will make Klaus feel guilty about the way he treated Elijah. There will be a klayley road trip and this chapter will mostly be about klayley again. Don't worry the others will have a place in the story too but in later chapters. Oh and there will be a time skip this chapter.

4 Months Later...

Freya's POV

Freya was seated in a room pouring over tons of books and grimoires with Vincent and Kol. He wasn't a witch but he offered to help considering he was an ex witch and he knew a lot about it. Some of them were ancestry books and even though she knew that they probably weren't dated as far back as the hollow, she still read them. Some of them were myths and legends and all that crap of New Orleans. She found a few things that might be related to the hollow but not nearly enough information and she was also searching for powerful spells they might need.

She had done the spell to search for others like that witch, using her mark but they seem to be under a very powerful cloaking spell, either that or they didn't exist. 

It was early and all she wanted to do was curl up in bed with Keelin. She sighed and tried to get that comfortable picture out of her head.

She hated the hollow, maybe not as much as she hated Aunt Dahlia but close enough. Freya looked out the door and into the other room where Klaus was seated, reading a book, probably poetry or pretending to. She could see that his mind was elsewhere. Freya smirked, knowing exactly what he was thinking of or rather who, judging by the smile on his face. 

He only had that kind of smile around two people. Hayley and Hope. But she could narrow it down by the look in his eyes. It was Hayley. And she kinda shipped them to be honest.

Before she had officially met her family, she had done her research of them, asked around. She thought Klaus fancied Cami but was taken by surprise when she went into his mind. But Hayley loved Elijah or so she thought before observing them and her suspicion was confirmed when she went into Hayley's mind. She knew that Klaus had been fully aware of them and Hayley had been in denial for a very long time.

Of course that was very long back and they had both changed and matured though still had some of their old attitude and habits, no one can change completely after all. They were both fully aware of their feelings now, Freya was sure of that. Almost everyone was starting to notice and she and Kol had even talked about it. And Elijah was getting jealous of how close they were and giving them looks when he thought no one was watching.

Well...at least her love life wasn't this complicated. She thought about her wife for some time before going back to work.

Klaus's POV

Klaus was seated on the couch, reading a book or at least trying to...

His thoughts drifted to Hayley as they always seemed to do. He couldn't be more grateful that she was back but he had a bad feeling sometimes. He could tell that she was hiding something from them.

Hope had school, Alaric had been kind enough to let her spend a week with her family since they knew of her situation. But after that she had school again and only came back on weekends. Today was Saturday and they were yet to pick her up.

These past 4 months, he felt like he was getting closer to Hayley but he felt a wall between them. Whenever they had a moment, she would always distance herself from him and sometimes that made him paranoid. What if she knew how he felt about her? What if he was getting too close for a friend? He used to think but his mind was now free of those insecurities.