Six

The arrangement

Ezra walked inside my office chambers. "Ezra, you have a strange habit of showing off when I least expect you to?" Ezra took his seat in the chair in front of me. "Good morning to you too brother." I shook my head. "Why are you here Ezra?" I asked. "You asked for something, and I am here to deliver that order for you. So, here they are." He opened a case and pulled a file containing some papers. And then from underneath it, he took out marriage certificates.

"They are ready. Now can you tell me who is the victim?" I don't understand what he meant by that. "Victim? I don't think anyone who will be my wife can be a Victim's brother. I am The Lucian Night, many girls dream about being with me." He chuckled at that sentence. "Yes, but who you dream about?" He asked. Violet, I dream about Violet.

"No one. You need not do any kind of dream analysis on me." I told him and he laughed. "Sure Lucian, I need not do any kind of analysis on you to know who you dream about. It is no one but Violet. The mother of your child. You love her. And it shows. Ask from someone who knows." I looked at him impassively. "Are you done? Now, please leave and let me work in peace." I told Ezra. "Alright, I will leave you. But do meet us for drinks with Violet later. I will text you the address." Before I can say anything to him. He was gone.

I looked at the certificates in my hand. Time to talk to Violet. She needs to know what she is getting herself into before signing this. I took my coat and walked out of my office. I drove towards the house but then I saw a flower shop. It is a good gesture to offer some flowers to your to-be victim. I am going to do the same. I am going to offer to her.

I asked the shopkeeper for the Violets. He made me a bunch and handed it to me. I drove home afterward. I saw Lucas who was reading something. He is always reading. I don't know what but he loves his books. "Hey buddy" Lucas looked up from his book and his face broke into a smile. "Daddy" He kept the book down and walked towards me. Doctors had given me hope that the nerve damage he has since birth can be reversed to some extent.

I picked him up. "How was your day, Lucas. Do you have any fun in school? Did you make any friends?" I asked. "Ellie, she is a girl in my class and is nice to me." I ruffled his hair. "Good, and did you like the puzzle I have brought for you?" I asked. "Yes, I loved it. And I built it." Already? "I have nothing else to do" Oh Lucas. "But I have a brother now, do you think Christopher will play with me?" I smiled. "Sure, when he will be older, he will play with you."

I put him down and he returned back to his book. I saw it was some picture book with lots of pictures of cars. "Violet" I called. She was in the nursery. And she was feeding Christopher. She looked up and then put Christopher down in his crib. Then she straightened her dress. I took the towel and gave it to her. "Here, this will help. And I have brought these for you." I gave her the flowers. "Meet me in my office after you are done here, I have something important to discuss with you, Violet."

"Lucian" I heard her voice stopping me from leaving. "Yes, do you need anything Violet?" I asked but not turned around. "Christopher's shots, he needs to go to the hospital tomorrow." I looked at her finally. "Alright, what I need to do?" I asked. "Can you go with us?" I looked at the date. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the neurologist. "Ok, I will go, what time is it?" I asked. "Around three?" It is the same time as his appointment. "Ok, I have got something to do. If I got free, I will join you. Or if I, couldn't I will tell Iris to come with the shots. She is a child specialist."

Violet didn't say anything after that. I think I have offended her. I took off my coat and took a shower. After that, I waited for her in my office. Violet came in. she was wearing a different dress. "Take a seat, Violet." She settled down on the chair in front of me. I placed the certificates in front of her. "Violet, those are wedding certificates. If you need them to be."