Twenty- Four

For her eyes only

I walked inside the hospital room. Violet placed a finger on her lips. I saw Lucas was sleeping. I walked towards them and kissed on Lucas's forehead followed by Violet. "He is in pain, can't you tell the doctor to up the doses of medication?" She asked me. "He is already maxed out querida. Any more and it can stop his heart." She stroke his hair slowly. "Momma" he mumbled in his sleep.

"Don't worry Querida, he will come around and you will see him getting better. Now, come with me and eat something. You haven't since yesterday." I told her softly. "No, I must stay here. What if anyone tries to harm him? What then? He cannot even protect himself. He cannot even move and alert anyone." She is usually not this paranoid but something is ticking her off.

"What is it Querida? What is troubling you this much?" I asked her. "Is there anything that I can do?" I asked her. She shook her head. "You cannot do anything Lucian, you are not the one they are after, it is me. They want me. And I cannot do anything to prevent that." Her green eyes looked sleep-deprived. I cannot see her like this. "Landon is outside and he will watch over our son till we return. Now, I do not wish to hear any more words of protest coming out of your mouth." I placed my finger on her lips and then picked her up in my arms.

I walked out and met Landon. "I will be here, don't worry, Leona will join me in a minute or two." He assured Violet. I somehow managed to take her out of the hospital and into the car. She was protesting to the house. "Lucian, I want to go back to the hospital what are you doing? Let me go back. I need to be there with my son" She told me and started to hit me. Like she can hit me and I will get hurt.

"Come on Querida, Chris misses you. You know how he gets not seeing you around. You or Lucas both. He is attached to his brother." I told her. "I know but you should know too, that Lucas could be in danger and I do not know if anyone can see that danger other than me." She was angry and frustrated. The events in the States are still a stuff of nightmare for her. I don't know how I can make her realize we are far away from that place, no one knows of our location here. It is hidden well from everyone's eyes.

"Have you gotten anything that can prove it otherwise love? That it is not just paranoia that is making you act out this way?" I asked as she sat down on the couch with her head between her hands. "Why don't you believe me, Lucian? I am not crazy, I am concerned about my son, is that too hard to explain to you?" Why do you not believe me?" She almost cried. "I do believe the danger Querida and I am not dismissing the fact that we have been attacked. But here there is no such thing as the big bad you are so afraid of." I want to make you understand querida why don't you?

"Go and take a bath, it will help you clear your mind," I instructed her. She needs to relax and spend some time here, with me and Chris. She needs to rest and eat. Otherwise, I will lose her as well. "What if Lucas wakes up and needs me?" She mumbled in a small voice. "Landon will call if you are needed. I will go and keep a watch on him after you have eaten. How does that sound? Then when you are well rested you can go as well." I told her softly kissing on the top of her head.

She was agitated. I can feel annoyance in her every gesture. She walked away slamming the door on her way. She doesn't ever fail to show that anger of her. But the worst is over. Lucas will be alright, after another two surgeries. He is responding to the treatments very well. His next surgery would be when he will turn sixteen. And then they will schedule the last one depending on his condition of recovery then. Lucas will be fine but I am afraid Violet won't be if she kept going as she is now. She will lose more than just her son.

I hear a crashing sound and rushed inside. I saw she was inside the bathroom and the broken bottles of toiletries down at her foot. "Violet? Is everything alright?" I asked. "Nothing is alright. Nothing, I cannot live like this afraid of everything. I cannot..." I saw her red-rimmed eyes. She was crying. I pulled her in my arms and took her out of the bathroom. Then slowly I took her wet clothes off drying her.