Twenty- Nine

A Proposal to Remember

I can feel your fear, Violet. The fear you are trying so hard to hide behind your smile? The fear that is so much rooted into your bones? The fear makes you sleepless. But you decide to smile. For me, for Lucas and Christopher. But you are not alone. Not anymore. And I wish you believe that. I wish you do. Even when there is so much happiness surrounding you, you are still sad. I notice those eyes I love frightened and upset. I want to make you happy. But what can I do?

I was brought into this world as I was deliberately interrupted by Myra. "Why are you gawking at my sister this way? And why you are present here? You know it is bad to see the bride in her wedding dress?" I chuckled. " I can see my wife as I want to. She is my wife already Myra. I am just giving her, her dream wedding. So, she shouldn't miss a thing in her life ever again."

She shook her head. "you are something else Night. And my sister always has her eyes out for exotic things. You do not wish to get me started with her phase of exotic men." Do I even wish to know how many boyfriends my wife had in her personalized dungeon? No, I think I will pass. I will pass this. "Well, I am the best one in her life." Myra raised her brow and asked, "How do you know?"

"Because he is the one I have married Myra." I looked up and saw her in the wedding gown. And let me tell you she is like my personalized version of Angel on earth. I cannot look away from her. "Does this make me look fat?" I can only look and I cannot look anywhere but at you. Does that give you an idea of how much beautiful you look at everything you wear? That you can wear a rag and I will love you the same.

"No, you look beautiful in it," I told her. "I will get that other dress, let's see if it makes me look better than this. After all, we only get married once." My jaw dropped at her comment. "Well, you can get married again if you like to. No problem at that." Myra said looking at me. "Of course Querida, we can always renew our vows say every three to four years if you like at a new destination. Just do not think of changing the groom alright. He is a little sensitive for that position."

Violet started to laugh. And I again find myself unable to avert my gaze. "You look very cute when you get jealous Mr. Night," Violet said as the attendant ushered her away into the changing area. "You know what, pick two or three dresses, anything you like and then we can rotate them between the events," I told her. "We need one for pre-wedding portrait and maybe we will organize a pre-wedding shoot. Our place is a bit, bare baby."

My phone rang and I saw my superior was calling me. So, I excused myself. "Sir, is everything alright?" I asked. "Yes, I believe everything is in order. So, I wanted to ask how further the progress is?" He replied. "Almost at the end, the target almost at the peak. " "Good to hear that son, anyways heard about your accident. How are you doing now?" Yes, Peter was an accident. But what to say he is family. And when the family betrays you, it is the most bitter one.

"I am going to live sir," I told him. But I might never forget what had happened to me. How can I? I knew he had hated me but attacking me? it was the end of the line. "Good to hear that song, so when you are going to visit? My wife misses you; you know after..." His voice cracked. Yes, I know. I miss him as well. "I will visit, Violet will love to meet both of you. And my kids will love you too." He chuckled. "Yes, my wife always wanted grandkids." "She will have three then, my third one is on the way." And I need to plan a baby shower for Violet.

"See you then son, looking forward meet your family." "Yes Sir, I will come as soon as I can to visit you and Sophia," I told him. The line went dead and all of a sudden, a car rushed past on the street and I felt something rush past my shoulder scraping it. I realized I was hit. It was a knife a small one lodged into the pillar next to me. And with a note.