𝟑𝟖| 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

"RIN-CHAN! I'm happy you let me help you pack, but why do you have so much stuff?!" Oikawa complained as he hauled another box out of the girl's bedroom. "You have twice the amount of clothes and hair products that Rin has, so you don't have the right to complain," Iwaizumi snapped back, stretching his exhausted arms.

Oikawa scoffed and set the box down with Rin giggling at the comment.

Just like he had promised, Iwaizumi came over the next morning and began to help Rin finish up her packing. Since the girl did have a lot of things, Iwaizumi thought it was a good idea to bring Oikawa as well. However, a majority of the time was just Oikawa complaining about the physical labor and boredom that came with packing, so Iwaizumi definitely regretted that decision. But of course, Oikawa made it all more bearable, especially for Rin who was dreading the move.

Rin finished up filling another one of the boxes and held her hand out to Iwaizumi for the packing tape. Iwaizumi took the lead and ripped the tape off of the roll, sealing it down onto the box as Rin held the flaps down. Oikawa came back into the room and immediately went to lay down on Rin's bare bed which only had a single, thin blanket and two pillows on it.

"I'm tired. Shall we take a break for snacks?" Rin asked, looking up at her two best friends. "Yes, please! I say we make cupcakes!" Oikawa exclaimed, holding a hand up.

"Cupcakes are too sweet. We should make a salad or something healthy, especially because one of us is becoming a pro-volleyball player soon," Iwaizumi replied, sending a glare at Oikawa. "Ugh, no fair! You should know by now that I have a sweet tooth, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa complained as he sat up.

Rin pressed a hand onto Iwaizumi's arm, catching both his and Oikawa's attention.

"As much as I would love to eat a plain, old salad, I'd rather eat cupcakes right now," Rin said as she began to stand up. "Yes! I won, you lost, Iwa-chan! Take that, loser!" Oikawa shouted with excitement.

He, too, hopped off of Rin's bed and followed the cheerful girl out of the room, leaving Iwaizumi on the ground to sulk. After contemplating his life decisions, Iwaizumi got up and left the room as well to help his girlfriend make the delicious sweets.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Hours flew by like birds across the blue sky. Eventually, Oikawa called it quits when it grew close to eight in the night since he had his own packing to get to. Iwaizumi stuck around as Rin finished the last box of items she owned. A majority of the things they packed were going to go into storage, and the rest were coming with Rin to her new apartment in America which she managed to snag on her trip there during the first couple of weeks of summer break.

Now, Iwaizumi sat on Rin's plain bed with his legs dangling over the side. His body faced the washroom door that connected to Rin's room since she occupied it to get ready. Iwaizumi planned a little something special for the night, and he couldn't wait to see Rin's face at the setup.