10

Ara POV

I woke up the next morning feeling extremely tired. We stayed up late last night, watching tv, eating, and chatting away. I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom where I found a sleepy Jisung brushing his teeth.

"Good morning," I yawned as I grabbed my own toothbrush. "I thought you'd be awake a while ago."

"I was tired from last night," Jisung shrugged. "I don't think I slept very well."

"Aw, why's that?" I asked as I started brushing my teeth.

"I had something on my mind."

Not wanting to question it further, Jisung and I finished brushing our teeth without talking. After washing up, we both went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Since we woke up at the same time, I get to help you," I giggled, grabbing a pan and placing it on the stove.

"Glad I won't be cooking alone today," Jisung smiled, grabbing the eggs from the fridge.

We cooked together, talking about how our day was yesterday and about any upcoming plans. Finally, we finished making our breakfast, a new omlette recipe Jisung wanted to try. We grabbed our plates and decided to watch some TV while eating.

"I need to tell you something," Jisung blurted out.

"What is it?" I asked, suddenly becoming very curious.

"After breakfast," Jisung shyly said, stuffing more food into his mouth. I watched him as his cheeks puffed out from holding all the food in them. He then chewed away while taking another bite of his omlette. I looked on in awe.

"What?" Jisung asked, mouth full of food.

"You eat very cutely," I responded, laughing.

"Stop, we've already been through this. Don't judge my eating habits."

"Okay, okay, I won't" I laughed, finishing off my breakfast.

After washing up our plates, Jisung and I sat back down on the couch. The curiosity was killing me and I was dying to hear what Jisung had to tell me.

"So what was it you wanted to say?" I questioned.

"Oh um," Jisung started nervously. "So um I just wanted to tell you this now. I have feelings for you, Ara."

"Wait, really?!" I asked in shock, not expecting that whatsoever.

"I know we haven't known each other for long and I understand if you don't like me back but I just had to say it to get it off my chest," Jisung rapidly spoke. "I hope things don't become awkward between us."

"Why would things be awkward between us if I like you too?"

"I'm sorry I told you how I felt, I hope we can still be frien- wait," Jisung stopped, mid sentence, blinking a few times. "You like me back?"

"Yes dummy," I chuckled, punching his arm. "I'm glad you told me how you felt. I feel the same way."

"Oh my god, wow!" Jisung exclaimed, laughing. "I'm so happy right now, I didn't expect that!"

"Well you better start believing it," I said, snaking an arm around his waist, hugging him. I layed my head on his chest, feeling the slight rise and fall of his breathing.

Jisung pulled me closer, placing a hand on my back. He gently rested his chin on my head. Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was smiling.

We stayed like that for a while before I let go of him, standing up. My cheeks were a light shade of pink and I shyly looked down at my feet.

"Why did you get up so early?" Jisung pouted, holding his arms out.

"Did you forget already? Hana, Felix, and I are going out today," I teased. "I need to get ready."

"I just confessed my feelings to you and this is how you act?" Jisung asked playfully, giving me his cutest puppy eyes.

"Maybe," I started, unable to contain my giggles. However, after a second glace at a pouty Jisung, I had to give in. "Fine, what do you want to do?"

Jisung stretched his arms out again, motioning for me to come closer to him. He grabbed me as soon as I was close enough and tightly wrapped his arms around my waist. He buried his head in the crook of my neck as I uncontrollably laughed.

"Jisung...stop, i-it tickles!" I managed to exclaim as his soft hairs brushed against my exposed skin.

"Oh my god, you're ticklish?" Jisung questioned, looking directly at me. He then tickled my waist, making me jerk backwards.

"Jisung, stop!" I squirmed, trying to escape his hold on me. I finally broke free from his grasp and ran away.

"No, come back!" he shouted, chasing after me. We ran around the apartment building before I managed to go into my room, shutting and locking the door so that Jisung couldn't come in.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Jisung whined, knocking at the door. "Let me in!"

"After that tickle attack, never," I shouted, completely out of breath. I saw my phone screen light up and decided to go over and look at who texted me.

Jisung:

let me in 🥺

You:

no

don't think that pouty face will change my mind

Jisung:

fine maybe not that face

but how abt this one?

You:

...

Jisung:

;)

now let me in angel

As soon as I unlocked the door, Jisung barged in and belly flopped on my bed. He motioned for me to come over, but I stood where I was, arms crossed, lips pouted.

"Aw angel," Jisung cooed as he made his way to me. "It's okay, we both know my charms are irresistible. I won't tease you on that."

I just rolled my eyes before sitting on the edge of my bed, Jisung following close behind. I rested my head on his shoulder, sitting quietly in that position. It felt like a major weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Our feelings were out there and now we both knew how we felt. There was no need to pretend that we "hated" each other. I was already starting to like this.

"Okay Jisungie now I really need to get ready," I said, standing up.

Instead of responding, Jisung looked at me with expecting eyes. He knew that sooner or later I would give in to his cuteness. He was most definitely right.

"I wish I could stay but I promised Hana and Felix I would come," I explained. "Unless, do you want to come too?"

"Can I?" Jisung's eyes lit up.

"I mean I can ask them" I shrugged. "They probably wouldn't mind."