17

Jisung and I began walking through the bustling streets of Seoul. Eventually, we approached the Han River park.

"Welcome to our first date," Jisung announced shyly.  "I know it seems a little cliche but honestly, I just wanted to spend some more time with you."

"Aw you are so sweet, Jisung," I smiled.  "This is amazing!"

We walked onto the stone pathway, our fingers interlocked.  We began chatting away, talking about anything and everything.

After a few minutes of walking around, simply enjoying being with each other, Jisung led me to a dock along the river.

"If it's okay with you, we'll be taking a ferry that goes along the river," Jisung explained.

"Yes, I'm so excited!" I laughed, practically jumping in the air.

We boarded the ferry and decided to head to the upper deck where there were less people.  As soon as the ferry took off, Jisung wrapped his arms around my waist and nestled his chin on my shoulder, giving me a comforting back hug.

"This is nice," he mumbled, pulling me in closer.

"Was this all an excuse to give me a back hug?" I giggled, squirming a little as Jisung's hair tickled my neck.

"Maybe," he laughed. "I like being with you, angel."

"I do too," I agreed, melting into Jisung's hold even more.

The wind started to pick up, making my hair fly onto Jisung's face.  He eventually let go of the hug and instead leaned against the railing right next to me.

We looked out onto the now pink and orange sky that laid above the sparkling river. The sight was truly breathtaking and most certainly romantic.

"Wow I never expected the view to look so nice from here," I gasped, looking out onto the city.  Just as Jisung was about to open his mouth to speak, I cut him off.  "Don't you dare say you like the view while looking at me."

"Wow you know me so well," Jisung sighed, leaning his shoulder next to mine.  "I can't resist it, Ara."

"Jeez, you're such a flirt," I laughed, playfully slapping his shoulder away.

"And you like it," he winked smugly.

Jisung took my lack of response as a signal that his statement was indeed true.  He smiled victoriously.

"Do you come here often?" I asked, my eyes trained on the waves the ferry was making.

"Only to clear my mind or to write lyrics.  It's actually been a while since I've been here."

"You really like making music, don't you?"

"Yeah, that's the one thing that I could never give up. Aside from you, of course."

"So cheesy," I laughed.  Afterwards, we fell into a comfortable silence, watching the sunset and the river passing.  Our shoulders were touching each other and Jisung softly held my hand in his.

Eventually, the ferry returned back to its original starting point and we got off.  I was still in awe at the shining skyline being reflected onto the river.

"Angel," Jisung called, giving me a small peck on the cheek.  "You hungry?"

'Yes," I hummed.  "What's the dinner plan?"

"Oh um there is no plan," Jisung replied sheepishly.  "I wanted to leave that up to you since I don't really care where we eat."

"Oh okay um," I started, looking around.  I spotted a food truck off to the side and pointed at it.  "How about instead of eating at some fancy restaurant, we get food from there and eat here at the park."

"I love that idea," Jisung smiled, snaking an arm around my waist to pull me closer.  "Let's go!"

After ordering some food, we sat down on a nearby park bench that overlooked the beautiful river.

"This is much better than eating at a random, crazy expensive restaurant," Jisung chuckled. 

"And why's that?"

"Because I don't get to do this at a restaurant," Jisung said as he leaned in, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.  His eyes met mine before darting down to my lips.  I connected the kiss, feeling Jisung's smile pressed onto my lips. We parted, both displaying huge grins. 

A pink blush crept up to my cheeks and even in the dim lighting, Jisung noticed.

"Aww you look so cute when you're blushing," Jisung laughed, lightly pinching my cheeks.

"Stop," I whined before taking a bite out of my food.  We ate together, laughing and talking.

An hour passed before the sky turned pitch black.  The two of us decided that it was a good time to call it a night, content with the date.

"Let's walk back home, angel," Jisung said, lightly kissing my cheek.  "Did you enjoy our date?"

"To say I enjoyed it would be an understatement," I replied, interlacing our fingers. "What about you?"

"Same," Jisung grinned.

We soon reached the entrance to our apartment complex when Jisung leaned next to my ear to whisper something.

"Usually this is when we'd kiss but since we live in the same place, I'll save that kiss for when we get there."

My eyes widened and my stomach immediately filled with butterflies.  "Such a tease," I was able to mutter.

The entire way up to our apartment, I couldn't stop thinking about Jisung's words.  My heart skipped a beat imagining the kiss.  As we entered our room, my heart was pounding as I expectantly glanced at Jisung.

He placed his hands on my waist to steady me and pull me in closer.  Our faces were only inches away as I trained my eyes on Jisung's soft lips.  I wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer to me.

"You look so beautiful, angel," Jisung whispered.

"Just kiss me already, Jisung."

"Shh, you're ruining the moment."

His low, raspy voice entranced me as I patiently waited for our lips to connect.  My head was subconsciously moving towards Jisung's and finally, our lips met.

His smooth lips moved against mine in a kiss more intense than any of our previous ones.  His hands found their way to my hair and he ran his fingers through the strands. The butterflies in my stomach intensified as the kiss ended, leaving me breathless.

"Woah," the word barely escaped my lips as I gazed into Jisung's eyes.  He was about to open his mouth to say something, but got cut off by both of our phones dinging at the same time, alerting us of a text message from the group chat.