44

"Oh no," I said, my heart beating faster.  I took off both cucumber slices and help my phone in both hands, staring at the notification.  He already responded?

"What happened?" Hana asked, peering over my shoulder and reading the notification. "Oh shit."

"What?" Felix asked, taking off his cucumber slices as well.

"Jisung texted," I sighed.

"Well what are you waiting for? Open it!" Hana urged.  "I told you he'd apologize soon!"

"Okay," I breathed, opening my text messages to read the text.

Jisung:
hey
the contract ends in two days
and the landlord has been asking me so
lmk if ur gonna renew it or not

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, wanting to hurl my phone across the room.  "He texted to ask me if I was renewing the contract?"

"What contract?" Felix asked confused.

"Well I was technically only going to be roommates with him for a month because it gave me enough time to find my own place.  But then we started dating so I was obviously going to renew it to stay longer but now, I'm not so sure.."

"Oh hell no," Hana muttered, reading the text again.  "He really had the audacity to text you this without even addressing what had happened?  Why is he like this?"

"I don't know," I whispered, the tears daring to fall from my eyes.  "I had a feeling he was going to apologize after a few days but now, I'm not so sure."

"Aw it's okay Ara, I think you need a hug," Felix sighed, pulling me in for a warm hug.

"Do you think we should be together anymore?" I whispered.  Just the thought alone made me scared because over this past month, I became so attached to Jisung. I knew that whatever we had was special, the way he comforted me, kissed me.

"Ara..." Hana trailed off, unsure of what to say.  "Don't think about that now, okay? What are you going to do about the contract?"

Even though deep inside, I knew what to do, I still thought about it for a few seconds, wondering if there was any way I could've made it work.  I shook my head before replying. "I'm not renewing it."

Silence hung in the air as Hana took my hand to comfort me.  "I think you're doing the right thing, Ara.  You guys need some time apart and living together would make that hard on both of you."

"You're right," I nodded.  "I guess I'll tell him that."

You:
im not renewing it
i'll come over soon to get my stuff

Jisung:
okay

"Just an okay?" Felix asked, confused.  "I really don't understand him right now."

"Same," Hana agreed, clearly angry.

"It's fine guys," I said, choking back my tears.  "Let's forget about this for now, I'll go this evening to get my stuff."

Although I said it casually, inside, I was dreading to see Jisung again, especially after the way he texted me.

***

"You ready?" Felix asked me.  The three of us were planning to go back to my apartment and pack all of my stuff.  We decided that I would just stay with Hana and Felix for the time being while I searched for new apartments.

We arrived at my apartment complex in no time and I shakily got out of the car, still not ready to face Jisung.  Thankfully, Hana and Felix were there to comfort me as we made our way up to the apartment.

I still had the keys so I opened the door without knocking.  As I peered inside, the living room was dimly lit and messy.  Pillows weren't properly arranged, two jackets were lazily thrown on the couch, and there was a pair of socks on the floor.

I cautiously walked to the bedrooms, Hana and Felix following close behind.  Suddenly, Jisung's room flew open, making me jump a little.

Jisung soon emerged, his hair in a disheveled state.  He was wearing a plain white tank and loose black shorts.  He looked tired, the corners of his mouth pointing downwards and his posture slumped over.

Despite his appearance, my heart still skipped a beat after seeing him.  Even though he fought and his actions were unacceptable, I still missed him.

"I'm getting my stuff," I said coldly.  Jisung simply nodded sadly.  He opened his mouth, about to say something, but decided against it.  I walked into my room, exactly how I last left it.  Hana and Felix followed behind me, helping me pack up all of my clothes and belongings. 

It took the entire evening and several trips back and forth for us to get everything packed up and moved to Hana and Felix's place.  

"That should be the last bag," I sighed, sitting on the floor and leaning against my bed.  "Let's rest for a bit."

"Agreed," Hana nodded as she took a seat next to me.  Throughout the whole process of moving my things, Jisung stayed in his room, not coming out even once.  I was grateful for that as I didn't have to awkwardly see him.

Deep inside, I was even more hurt that he didn't speak up, especially after seeing him.  I thought that he would at least have the courage to say something, anything to me while I was here.

Guess not.

I took the last bad filled with random belongings and headed out of my room.

"Ready to go?" Felix asked from the living room.

"Yeah," I replied, exhausted.

Just then, Jisung emerged from his room, most likely to say goodbye.

"Have you finished packing?" he asked, expressionless.

Yeah," I replied bluntly, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"You've been doing this for a long time, d-do you guys want dinner?" Jisung asked uneasily.  He was fidgeting with the hem of his tank, nervously awaiting my response.

A small part of me was touched by the offer, thinking that the caring Jisung I knew and loved had finally came out.  However, I knew that I had to keep my word and only accept him once he gave me the apology I deserved. 

"No, that's okay." I shook my head, and hurriedly made my way to the door.  "We'll get going now, bye."

"Bye, Ara," Jisung waved, a painful smile crossing his lips. It was at that moment when we made eye contact, that both of us knew that what had happened between us would take a massive toll on our relationship. Jisung's expression said it all; he was the one who needed to mend this and as long as he was unwilling to do so, our relationship would have a massive crack in it.

- a/n -

AGAIN DONT HATE ME IM SORRYYY