Part- 11

Karan was sleeping on Mrudula's lap while she was lovingly caressing his hair. For the first time in the last 05 years, Karan was having a peaceful smile on his lips.

Mrudula (lovingly)- Karan.

Karan-(still in same position)- Hmm?

Mrudula- Is Manik uncle your Dad? About whom you used to talk?

Karan just sighed and got up. He turned towards her and in a very low voice said

Karan- Yess.

Mrudula- How did you come here? I mean...you told me they all hate you?

Karan- They still do Jaan. It's just....Dadi....Dadi has brain cancer.

Mrudula (gasping)- What? How? When?

Then Karan ends up telling her everything from the starting, about how he came here, how other family members treat him, and also aboutAarav.

Mrudula-(hatefully)- How can Nandini aunty do this? What's your fault haan? That you are illegitimate? I used to respect her a lot but now....

Karan(shaking his head in a no)- Don't say like this Jaan.... Mrs Malhotra is right at her place.

Mrudula (shockingly)- What? Are you mad Karan? You are not at fault baba.

Karan- (tiredly) I'm Mrudula, I am....you know after I was born, seeing what I mean to Dad ,she started accepting me because she too knew that it's not my fault. Even after knowing someone trapped her husband and the result is me, she used to love me and Aarav equally all the time. But I don't know what happened that things started changing....she used to shout at me for = minor mistakes, for being with Dad, or for demanding something. Mr and Mrs Malhotra used to fight a lot because of this and I used to feel very bad. After few months, I just started getting distant from everyone cause already Mr and Mrs Vedant and Mukti aunt didn't liked me so I used to stay alone. But Dad used to be there... hiding from everyone, late night he used to come and we used to talk a lot, about our days, about our problems, our life with a cup of hot chocolate.

While saying all this, Karan had a beautiful smile on his face as if that scene was playing infront of his eyes yet again. While Mrudula was listening to him patiently and was getting worried about what actually happened that destroyed their relationship?

Karan- But then....one day....one day changed everything. Aarav slipped from the stairs. Me, Aarav and Varun were playing when I turned around and I don't know how Aarav got hit and he slipped down. I was shocked and didn't even realised that I had hit someone until Mrs Singhania (Mukti) shouted and called everyone stating how I pushed Aarav. Mrs Malhotra immediately slapped me and I? I just went blank Jaan...I don't even know how the hell I pushed my best buddy. He was in pool of blood. Everyone immediately took him to the hospital and Dad too reached there the from office and I was at home only. From Kaka I got to know that Aarav is undergoing a surgery. I wanted to meet him but no one allowed me and Kaka sent me to school the next morning. Dad and Mom came home in the afternoon and she came with a driver because already she was pregnant and she was feeling scared that day for some reason. But Dad didn't agree and came to me. But Mrs Malhotra? She got some sudden pain and no one literally no one was at home Jaan except Kaka. They tried calling Dad but in worry he left his phone at home only.Due to reaching late to the hospital, Mrs Malhotra lost her child.

By the end of this, Karan was crying badly. Because of few mishaps, he lost his whole childhood. He was just crying very loudly and Mrudula immediately hugged him and started caressing his hair whispering sweet nothings in his ear. After he calmed down, Mrudula offered him some water while he drank it fully and again lied down on her lap.

Mrudula (softly)- You okay?

Karan nodded and again started telling her...- She was pregnant with twins Jaan....I remember how happy they all were when they got to know about this. Because of me just because of me they lost their happiness. Just imagine Jaan how much pain she would have felt when she got to know that her son is undergoing surgery, her unborn children are dead and another one is at critical stage and her husband is not even there with her. Why? Just because of one person and that was me. She immediately asked Dad to choose between me and herself and Aarav/Myrah. She was adamant this time. Dad tried a lot but every family member wanted the same. Cabir Chachu and Navya Chachi too tried to stop them but no one was ready to listen and at the end I was sent to Australia. They were not at fault Jaan....Dad was too shattered seeing all his three kids and wife on hospital bed in such critical stage. He was scared....he didn't want to lose them once again.

Mrudula - I understand what you are saying Karan...I understand....but you was not at fault too baba.... no one was at fault. It was just everyone's fate that brought you guys here. Manik uncle and Nandini aunty were right at their places but you are not wrong too. You pushed Aarav accidentally, you were with your Dad without even knowing that Aarav is feeling insecure, you got fever and Manik uncle came to pick you up and that wasn't your fault baba. Haan, at that time things were like this that everyone blamed you but I don't understand why Mukti Bua and Alya and Dhruv Chachu did this? I mean why they hate you? Manik uncle and Nandini aunty were depressed, shattered, I can understand them but what about those three? They should have supported you like Cabir Chachu and Navya Chachi did.

Karan- I don't know anything jaan.... I really don't know anything....main bas bohot thak gaya hoon....I don't want to do or say anything anymore. I just want all of them to stay happy. I have caused them lot of trouble already....I don't want to be a burden anymore. I just don't....

Mrudula(keeping his head on her chest)- Shhh.... everything will be fine... I'm here naaaa.... Don't worry.....

To change his mood, Mrudula playful said- Waise if you don't remember I too have parents and they are coming to meet you today evening.

Sudden horror striked Karan's face. He knows what's going to happen, and he made a puppy face and looked towards Mrudula to which she giggled and said - You are gone Malhotra.

Saying this she started laughing while Karan was having a serious horror face. He was dead scared to face them. He knows his Dad (Ram)will chop him into pieces this time.

In all this, a couple was standing there and listening everything. The lady immediately ran towards her room and fell on the floor crying badly.

Seeing her, the man too ran towards her with tears in his eyes and took her in a hug.

Nandini-(crying loudly) Manikkkkkkk!!!

Yes they were Manan. Manik told her what all Karan went through in last 08 years while now her tears were not stopping. Without listening anything, she ran towards their room but stopped on listening karan telling Mrudula how she is right at her place. After doing and going through everything, he still cares for her this much? It's true she loved him a lot....but Mukti, Alya and Dhurv's words , that situation, her baby's death and everything took a hug toll over her and over all she didn't knew that Karan was suffering there because Mukti, Alya and Dhurv used to tell her how happy Karan is there. Infact, they showed her few pictures of him too where he was enjoying and used to tell her how stupid she is that even after knowing that he killed her baby, she is thinking about his well being.

Nandini (crying bitterly)- Whyy Manik???? Why you never told me???? You knew that he was going through so much? Why didn't you bring him back??? Whyyyyy?????