the ending trial

arne's pov

the case went on for months. i continued to stay by y/n's side. during the breaks y/n and i would sneak to the bathrooms and kiss. the fourth month of the trial, the final day i get to be this close to her the taste of her cherry chapstick slowly leaves my lips.

y/n's pov

it's been over three months since this started. i know everyone is tired. the judge offered me a deal 5 years in jail and then 2 years of community service. my lawyer, ed, lorraine, and arne didn't want me to take the deal but i can't put them all through this again, the glatzel family deserves their time to cope as well knowing their daughter's killer is locked away.

arne's pov

y/n took the deal. when she got up and accepted it without talking it over with anyone. god, i just wanted to yell and call her a dumbass. the gavel banging rings in my head. "NO NO THE DEVIL MADE HER DO IT, Y/N IS INNOCENT. PLEASE Y/N." i start to run closer and then the police holds me back. all i see after that is y/n mouthing "i love you."

fast forward
y/n's pov

i spent my years drawing using it as a way to cope. arne would often come and visit me whenever he could. until i told him that he should move on.

arne's pov

"arne my love you have to move on, i don't want you to spend your years where your life truly starts visiting me at jail." y/n says. "no y/n it's always has been you. you're my day one for godsakes." "arne i'm in here for 5 whole years by the time I'm out we're going be 24 years old." she says. she starts to get up and y/n tells the police officer that she's ready to go back. "i'm sorry johnson." i can't even find the words to describe how i felt. god y/n you dumbass.

HI YES WAVES OF DIFFERENT EMOTIONS. SORRY THIS ONE IS SHORT, I PROMISE THE NEXT PART WILL BE LONGER. THANK YOU FOR OVER 13K READS I LOVE YOU ALL. LETME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS PART.