19. Of Shipping and Shopping

After the staff had been briefed and they had signed out for the day and left, Kevin showed Duncan and me the closing safety and security checks. Then with the alarms set and the front door locked, he turned to us and said, "I'll have keys made and give you the alarm code tomorrow. I'm heading to the SkyTrain. What direction are you going?"

"We'll walk with you." Duncan motioned along the sidewalk. "We're heading up Cambie."

Hmmm! He's shipped us already. Need to adjust Kevin's perception. "I have to buy business attire for a meeting in the morning." I pulled out the front of my hoodie and let it fall back into place. "This is all I know, so Duncan's going to help me find something more appropriate."

"Oh, sounds like an important meeting."

"With my boss, the new owner," Duncan replied. "I'm scheduled to deliver a progress report, and Gianna's accompanying me to give him the details of our situation and of our way forward."

"I hope a marketing company's part of that. We can't simply open and expect filled seats."

"Exactly, Kevin. And Gianna's job is to convince him of that. And of the need to remain closed until all is ready." We expanded on this as we walked, then Duncan pointed to the green pedestrian signal at Wylie. "We'll cross here. See you in the morning."

"Best of luck."

Across the street and along a bit, Duncan asked, "May I hold your hand, Gianna?"

I looked for Kevin in the crowd on the other side. Lost among them. "Sure."

It felt good. Not just the touch, but deeper – a light tingling. A glimmer of my buried romanticism? Or only a sign that I enjoy his attention?

"What was your score to get into Triple Nine?"

Aha! As I had thought. "It was a challenge from a former boyfriend – he paid for mentored tests through Mensa, wanting to prove he was smarter than me." I winced at the thought of Garth. "Backfired on him, though. He scored one nineteen, and I scored one sixty-one."

"Wow! One sixty-one. Highest I ever made was one forty-nine." He squeezed my hand and led me across the sidewalk; then, facing the wall, he continued, "I need to adjust my – my goods, as you call them."

I chuckled. "Well and truly smitten, aren't you?"

"Do you mind? Does it bother you?"

"No, not in the least. Rather, it turns me on."

"Oh, fuck!"

"We will – if that doesn't explode first." 

He chuckled. "I love your quick humour, Gianna. It allows me to be more relaxed with this."

"Great! There's no need whatsoever to be bothered by it. You should instead be celebrating that it works."

"True."

I chuckled at the tent pitched a long way down his left leg. "But not to the public. Flip it around and tuck it up under your belt."

"Tried that. My trousers are too tight to allow it to turn, and it's trapped."

"Turn toward me a bit. Undo your belt and zipper, and I'll fish it out of there."

He nodded, and we stood with one shoulder each against the brick wall, our other shoulders pressed together, enclosing a small, triangular space. Then he undid and lowered his trousers enough for my access, and I reached in to free his stiffness. Huge. Not quite as thick as Garth, but this one's trainable. "A very hefty buddy you pack, Duncan."

"So I've been told." He sighed. "Attracted many – both women and men."

"And you never?"

He shook his head. "For a long time, I didn't understand why not. Nor did I understand the slurs, curses and insults for not wanting to use it. Not a real man, wimp, prude, closet gay, and all the rest. Finally, I quit dating, stopped socialising."

"That must have been horrid."

"No worse than you being called blunt, cold and uncaring."

"True." I restrained the force when it popped free, and as I placed it under his shirt and up his belly, I said, "There you are, hoist your trousers and buckle over it. That should do you until we're much more private."

"I had earlier thought of doing this, but when my excitement wanes, it'll fall back down, ready to be trapped again."

I patted the now-vertical bulge. "Then, let's not allow your excitement to ease."

"How do we do that?"

"You can tell me what you want to do with me when we're in private." I buttoned his suit jacket, took his hand, and we continued along the sidewalk.

"And you tell me what you want to do with me."

"Exactly! And we'll both be horny as all fuck when we reach my condo."

He chuckled. "Condo – condom. I have none. Never had a need for one."

"There's a pharmacy in SaveOn. We can buy some there." I pressed my hand onto his jacket front and enjoyed the resulting throbs. "Though I far prefer these undraped. Have you been recently tested?"

"Tested? For what?"

"For STD. Aids, syph, the rest. Otherwise, it's too dangerous au naturel."

"My new doctor always includes those tests." Duncan laughed. "He assumes with my size, I get lots of action."

I giggled. "So, you've not told him?"

"Saw no need." He shrugged. "It would only lead to another round of awkward questioning. Another shrink."

"Fine, then. I tested clean three weeks ago, and I've been with nobody new since, so we need none."

"What about the risk of pregnancy?"

"I'm on the pill."

"God! I love how easy you are with this, Gianna."

"And now you, Duncan. We both have a new you to experience."

"So, how will we do that?"

"We can begin by telling each other what we want."

During the three short blocks up Cambie, our rambling discussion kept him stiff and throbbing and me sopping wet. Then around the corner and into the lobby, I paused to ponder. My condo or Winners?

"You seem perplexed, Gianna."

"Debating with myself again." I chuckled. "The escalator to shopping or the elevator to sex."

"Let's get you dressed first, then I can undress you, and we'll have nothing to distract us for the rest of the day."

"Brilliant."

<><><>

Points to consider in this chapter:

With Duncan's anticipation and his difficulty handling the repeated ups and downs, does keeping him up seem the best solution here?

I delighted in writing this in a lighthearted and humorous manner to show Gigi's ease with sex and with Duncan. Is it too frivolous?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please click the star to let me and Wattpad know.