Chapter 11 - Car Trouble

A litter of auto parts and tools are on a garage floor with the sound of mechanical work being heard. First a bit of spot welding is carried out, sheet metal is cut to make a body panel, after which a shock absorber is set in place and a hubcap is bolted on. Next a taillight is installed as Cyborg reaches into view, opens the hood, and torques a couple more bolts. He closes the open hood before smiling and removing a rag from his shoulder to wipe his forehead.

Cyborg climbs into the driver's seat and presses a button on the dashboard. No response. "Huh?" He hunches down over the steering wheel and starts grumbling to himself. After a few seconds, he straightens up as he finally thought of something. "Ha!" He snaps his fingers and opens a panel on his chest. A circuit board pops out, which he removes and slips it into a slot on the dash.

Rubbing his hands gleefully, he tried the starter button again. This time, the engine sputters as he grimaces nervously, and then it roars in full voice which brings an enormous smile to his face.

------

Cyborg stands by the vehicle, which is now covered with a tarp as the other Titans are gathered nearby. "Drum roll, please!"

Beast Boy turns into a lemur and starts thumping his belly to fill the request.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, and whatever Beast Boy is..."

The latter returns to human form and glares at the bionic Titan, angrily. "Hey, Cyborg. You want the drum roll or not?" He changes back to a lemur.

"Sorry." Cyborg continues with increasing fervor. "It is my great pleasure to present, for the first time anywhere, the thing you've all been waiting for, my coolest, hottest, baddest creation–"

"Just get on with it." Raven interrupted.

"I give you the future of Titans transportation, the one, the only..." Cyborg whips the tarp away, backing up as he does so.

The car he built stands fully exposed: white body with blue trim along the sides and front bumper that resembles the circuitry seen through the transparent coverings on Cyborg's body.

"...T-CAR!!"

You and Robin stare wide-eyed in admiration. The other three onlookers peek out from behind the both of you. Raven is considerably less enthused than the rest.

"Awesome!" Your lenses widened.

"Dude!" Beast Boy's eyes sparkled.

"Cool!" Robin's eyes broadened.

"Oooooh!" Starfire's eyes glimmered.

Cyborg pats his car. "Yep, she's my baby." He then gestures to each part of the vehicle. "One hundred thousand horsepower plasma-turbine engine... all-terrain hoverjets... antilock air brakes... and an onboard computer that links with my systems, so I can literally feel the road."

A small panel pops up in front of the array of processors to show his hugely grinning face. Starfire, Beast Boy, and Robin are still very much impressed, but you noticed Raven has fallen asleep on her feet.

"Seems like someone is bored." You whispered as you nudged the raven-haired Titan.

She opens her eyes with irritation and whispers back. "What's the point of this if we all have our own ways of travel?" She begins to list people with her fingers as examples. "Starfire and I can fly, Beast Boy can also fly or run on land as any animal, Robin has his motorcycle, and you have your webs."

"True, but what about Cyborg? He would be the only one left of not having his own form of transportation." You pointed out.

"I guess." Raven shrugged.