Chapter 6: Start of Truth (+ A/N)

Haha.... Surprise? Still alive and no I didn't fully abandon this story. Don't think I've ever mentioned it but I always am so upset when a project I like gets abandoned so I wouldn't do that to you guys, I'd eventually give you an ending even if it was a rushed unsatisfying one. I just kind of had to take a rushed leave of absence for my own sake that I didn't even know would be this long. I'll explain more of what happened in my personal life after the chapter and give a couple heads up for the future if anyone wants to hear it but if not. Enjoy the chapter. No real bad trigger warnings in this one just mentions of a panic attack I believe. Welcome back and as always take care of yourselves and thank you for reading. 

~~~

Coffee_Addict: He's so adorable.

Octorat: Hey, I'm right here too you know.

Coffee_Addict: But look at him! I wanna keep him. Jan and Emmy won't mind right? They seem to like him too.

Octorat: You know you can't do that Rem.

Coffee_Addict: Eh? Never thought you'd be the one to stop me from being impulsive, you usually join me.

Octorat: Um, well he is my brother's soulmate. Like as much as we argue and I like messing with him, I can't let him not at least have a chance to be happy with him... If Ro doesn't want him then he can be kidnapped into our cult.

Coffee_Addict: We are a cult now? Sounds legit. Can we have those big black cloaks?

Octorat: Obviously.

"You two know you can talk to each other instead of texting. We are in the same room," Virgil sighed, breaking the near silence.

"Oh, uh, we're in a group chat with Emily and Janus, sorry for not including you, Doll," Remy lied.

Across the room Remus was rolling his eyes as he leaned back on Remy's bed, shifting his weight back so he was braced on his shoulders with his knees bent up over his head. Remy learned better than to dwell on Remus never sitting normally. He focused his attention down to the blind roommate in his arms.

"Anyways, are you feeling any better now or are you still anxious?" Remy asked.

Virgil ducked his head lower, trying to hide from Remy's line of sight in spite of still being held by him. His hands rolled over his fidget cubes once again as a new but different type of energy bubbled inside of him.

"I'm mostly better. You didn't have to literally hug me this whole time, you probably have more important things to be doing," he muttered embarrassedly.

"This is what you signed up for, babe. If you need physical contact, I'm your bitch, got that? That's what friends do." Remy grinned.

"But I have Ember..."

"Who is great, and trained to help you and whatever, but she aint human now is she. You were breaking down because you're lonely here without your family. I'm just proving you aren't alone."

"You know Rem and Jan, so you might as well be family. And if you don't accept that I will kidnap you and carry you across campus in a burlap sack to hang out with us whenever you get lonely," Remus piped up without moving from his strange position.

"Why is your voice kind of strangled?" Virgil asked.

"He's just being weird, don't worry about it," Remy sighed.

Virgil leaned deeper into Remy's arms. It'd been so long since he'd had any good friends like this. The willingness to actually physically touch him and the kindness they gave, it was so much like Patton. He had to stop thinking about him. He's gone. Two years gone. He had romantic soulmates. Forget him.