Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Do I really have to dress up," I murmured as Jax pushed a loose string of hair behind my ear.

"Oh yeah, 100%, you have to," Jax said, smirking.

"Jax, I swear, if the other Protectors aren't dressed up I'm going to kill you," I whispered.

"They will be, I promise!" Jax laughed, "I swear on my life, which is on the line apparently."

"Good," I murmured, "Now, what do you have planned for the next few hours, Prince Jackson?"

Jax grinned, "Well, I have a few ideas?"

Jax leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled back. I had just remembered how sweaty I was from my run and how much food I had just eaten.

"Whoops, sorry. Um, I need to shower," I laughed, "I am absolutely disgusting."

Jax laughed, "I don't care."

Before I could protest again Jax swung his head to kiss me deeply and unapologetically. I melted right into him, wrapping an around the back of his neck to pull him closer. His arms hooked strongly around my waist and he opened his mouth to deepen the kiss.

My shirt lifted slightly as his arms wrapped around my waist and I gasped as the cool air touched my skin. Jax pulled away from the kiss and turned his gaze to my bare skin, softly sliding his hand at the waistline of my shirt, he looked mesmerized by me. Goosebumps covered my skin and I leaned back into him, running my hands up his chest.

We both jumped when he heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Jax tucked me behind him and we waited as Lou walked by. He just missed us.

"No more distractions, sir," I laughed, "I'm going to change and shower."

"Very well, Ms. Luther," he sighed, "Can I show you the secret tunnels when you're done?"

"Oh, yes!" I said, eager to see the tunnels, "The Protectors don't even know about those!"

Jax smiled, "I love when you get excited, those gorgeous eyes glitter like they're priceless gems."

I blushed and looked down, "Come get me in twenty minutes. I'll be ready and no longer sweaty."

"I'll be there," he said, giving me a sweet, soft kiss before we left.

I rushed to my room and showered, then changed into a pair of jeans and white blouse. I slid on some flats I found in the back of my wardrobe and threw my wet hair into a bun. I usually tried to let it dry on it's own time, but Jax was going to be there any moment.

Jax knocked briefly and then let himself in, "Mia, I have to lay low. Lou was eyeing me!"

I laughed at Jax's child-like fear of his life long butler, who was probably more of a father to him than the King.

"That man can make my life a living hell," he whispered, "With his judgmental glares."

I laughed harder, "Good to know, you are incredibly responsive to guilt."

Jax smiled and turned around, then froze, "Mia."

"What?" I asked, concerned, "What's wrong?"

Jax moved swiftly to me and slid his arms around me, "You look stunning. Got dressed up for our date?"

I laughed, "Our secret date in the secret tunnels?"

"Sounds like an awesome date, I mean the guy taking you on said date must be pretty awesome," Jax smirked, locking my hips to his. Heat built through my core and I held back a moan at the sensation.