Chapter Thirty-Five

"What in the world have you done, Hayate?!" Ryu exclaims angrily storming into his co-worker's office.

"Why so angry? It's ok to have some fun, isn't that what you always said" Hayate says, with a smirk on his face.

The long-haired time traveler growls and narrows his eyes.

"Have fun, not break the rules by having a crossover between universes, this will cause a destruction"

The dark-haired boy chuckles before walk up from behind his desk.

"Who cares as long as my (Y/n) enjoys herself" Ryu frowns.

"Your (Y/n)?"

"Yes, I knew her before you did, therefore she belongs to me"

Within a second, Ryu's hands wrap themselves around Hayate's neck.

"First your sister tries to kill (Y/n), now you are trying to take her away, disgusting bastard" Hayate grins grows more sinister.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about Mitsu, I killed her"

Ryu is shocked by Hayate's words, not believing what he has just heard.

He is actually disappointed that he wasn't the one who killed her.

"What are you up to, Hayate"

Hayate looks at his older co-worker with a glint of mockery in his eyes.

"I'm looking for fucking chaos, I'm going to make (Y/n) fall for me"

  𑁍᪥𑁍᪥𑁍

The fact that Light is in this world scares you to death.

Light kills criminals and gangs are considered criminals in his eyes, which means that the Toman gang is in danger.

You will just have to stay out of Light's sight as long as you can.

You hope he doesn't recognize you in your fifteen-year-old form.

Who in the world are you kidding, you look quite the same when you met him, nothing changed.

Hopefully, L is still alive, and Light didn't kill him.

You start to walk into the task force building with all the confidence in the world.

"I want to meet L" the secretary at the reception is surprised by your request.

"We can't allow you in if you are not a part of the task force" you sigh.

"Listen, you must be new here, but L knows me, you can inform him of my arrival" you explain, but the woman doesn't seem to believe you.

"(Y/n)?"

You turn around to see Light walking towards you with Misa clinging to his arm.

"Light, Misa...hi" you greet them back, feeling somewhat nervous.

"You have been gone for so long, and why do you look shorter?"

You think of a quick way to avoid Misa's question.

"Where is L?"

Light frowns at your question, displeased at the fact that you want to see the infamous detective.

"He is working, me and Misa are going to go to a cafe, want to come with us" it was Misa's turn to frown.

"But Light, it's supposed to be our date!" The blond model whines.

"Miss, don't be rude, (Y/n) is my gir...our friend" Light quickly corrects himself.

"No, it is quite ok, I just want to see L, and speak to him"

Indeed, you are going to save L and expose Light, if that's the only way,  you are able to save the Toman gang and L, then be it.

"Oh there is something important that I need to tell you, Light"

"What is it?" The death note owner asks.

"I'm actually seventeen"

'...in a fourteen-year-old body,' you wanted to add but decided against it.

Misa is dumbfounded, not understanding why you would tell Light such a thing.

However, the brunet understands and smirks and winks at you.

"I don't mind waiting for another year"

"Hey, what do you mean by that, Light?!" Miss screeches.

With that, Light and Misa leave you standing all alone.

"God damn it, you have been always a creep, Light"

A/n: Light is Eighteen in this fanfic