Forty-two

"Explain what?" You ask, playing dumb.

Instead of answering vocally, he answers you through his thoughts.

'How do you know that I'm a mind reader and the fact that you are also one?'

You stare at him and look at Saiki with a confused look on your face.

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

You are not stupid to reply to him through his mind, it is better to play it dumb till the end.

"Is there something wrong?"

The pink-haired boy's eyes narrow dangerously at you.

"How do you know me?" He asks.

You smile at him, before looking down at your feet and playing with your fingers, pretending to be shy.

"I-I have been watching you for a while, Kusuo-Kun!"  you fake stutter.

Yes, pretending to be one of his fangirls is a better choice than revealing the truth of him being an anime character.

"No" he states bluntly.

"Huh?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" you sigh.

"I'm not compelled to answer your questions, you don't need to know everything about me"

Kusuo looks away from you and frowns with quirked brows.

Suddenly, a familiar blue-haired comes in between you and Kusuo.

Shun Kaido.

"Who is the pretty girl, Saiki? Your secret girlfriend" Kaido teases, placing an arm around his friend.

'Yes,' the psychic thinks.

You frown at Kusuo's thoughts

'What do you mean by yes?'

A loud gasp escapes your mouth while Saiki smirks at the fact that you have fallen for his trick.

"You sneaky little-" Kaido cuts you two off.

"Umm guys, what is going on between you two?"

You turn towards Kaido and give him a bright smile.

"I'm (Y/n), and no, I'm not Kusuo's girlfriend" the blue-haired boy grins at your answer.

"Then you wouldn't mind dating me?"

"Sorry, unfortunately, I have a boyfriend who loves...to travel a lot," you say.

"Good" you stare at Kaido with confusion while Saiki remains expressionless.

'If (Y/n) has a boyfriend, this means I only have one rival, better than being single and having many rivals'

His thoughts almost made you chuckle at how delusional is right now.

'Just ignore his thoughts or you will get a headache, (Y/n)' Saiki thinks, causing you to nod.

𑁍𑁍᪥𑁍𑁍

"Where is (Y/n), Ryu? Where did you hide her?" Hayate says, feeling frustrated that he can't find your location.

"You broke the rules, first by killing your sister, second taking my client to another universe, then having a crossover with universes"

Hayate laughs loudly in a sinister way, then stops.

"It is kind of hypocritical hearing that from you, Ryu" Hayate walks forward.

"After all, we both know the most important rule" he stops right in front of the frowning time traveler.

"Rule number one, never date your client"