Chapter 19

Riley's pov
"Hey Riley..." I heard my door open.

Felt a pair of soft hands on my face waking up to see Anna.

"I let myself in if you didn't mind." She whispered.

"It's fine." I said groaning and stretching.

"Do you have anything plan today?" She asked sitting on my bed.

"No, I don't think so." I said sitting up.

Anna uncovered the blanket on top of m revealing my leg.

"Are you sure it's okay to sleep with that on?" Anna asked going into my bathroom.

"Doctor never said anything about it." I said.

I started to take off the brace stopping half way because it started to hurt.

"Here." Anna said helping me.

Once the brace was off she got off my wrap.

"Shit... it's still kinda bleeding." She said going to the bathroom.

She got a cotton ball pouring hydrogen peroxide and dabbing my leg making me wince at the pain.

"Fuck..." I whispered after she was done.

Getting the new wrap.

"We need to get some new supplies." Anna said.

"Medical supplies?" I asked as she tossed me pain killers.

"Yeah. We're gonna run out soon. This... is not gonna heal in less than two days." She said making me nod.

"Speaking of this. How are you gonna take care of Parker with this and deal up with those people?" Anna asked me.

I shrugged I was at the point where I couldn't do anything anymore.

"How about... I bring over homework. Eva can drop Parker off at the house and maybe they can have some days together like play dates or sleep overs while me and you can just relax and let this heal." She said.

"But your the captain the soccer team? You forget that?" I asked her.

"Shit... totally forgot. I can just bring it after practice." She said making me smile.

Once she got the brace back on I fell back on the bed.

I rolled over facing Anna as she laid down beside me.

"God I'm so tired." I mumbled.

"You can go back to sleep I'll wake you in a few hours." I heard Anna's voice fade away as I fell asleep.

Anna's POV

As soon as I saw her eyes slowly closed she snuggled into her pillow.

I put the blanket over her and stuck a sticky note on her phone saying I'll be out and that I'll come back.

I drove to the gas station to stop for gas and grab me a redbull. I went to Target to grab some snacks. I wanted to bring Riley to a drive in movie theater that was happening tonight.

"Oh Anna? Very surprised to see you here." I heard behind me looking to see one of my hooks ups I've had.

"Rachel. Hey." I mumbled going back to the candy.

Riley's favorite candy is... Mike and Ikes... and chocolate...

My thoughts were interrupted by Rachel standing behind me.

I felt her snake her arms underneath me.

"I miss you baby." I heard.

I tried not to cringe at the name.

"Sorry Rachel but I'm a little busy." I said taking her arms off of me.

"With what? You need all that candy and snacks for yourself?" She asked me looking down at my basket.

"No. I'm taking someone-" before being cut off.

"A date?! Anna Shumate dates?!" She yelled making me cover her mouth with my hand.

She sunk her teeth in my house making me let out a yelp. I pushed into the aisle wall and before I knew it, Rachel smashed her lips onto mine.

"Let's go back to my place?" She asked smirking.

I pushed her off of me shaking my head no.

"I'm not hooking up with anymore people." I said cutting my source off hooks off with Rachel.

The only person I wanted right now was Riley and thats who all I'll ever want for now.

"Who's the lucky person?" She asked me.

"Riley. Riley Sawyer." I said proudly.

"Oh. Her? Okay... be careful she can bite with fire." She said walking away.

I didn't know what she meant so I pushed her warning to the back of my thoughts and walked.

I walked out of the store after checking out going right back to Riley's house.

She was still asleep but I've only been gone for about an hour.

I decided to tell Eva and Parker to get the big car ready. Eva wanted to go but I know Riley wouldn't leave Parker alone here with the people.

I climbed in the bed with Riley while she rolled into my arms making us spoon.

I wrapped my arms around her waist while she relaxed back.

I went onto my phone and played a few games until Riley woke up.

An hour passed and I felt Riley move a little.

"Hey." I said and she looked behind looking at me.

She groaned a little trying to get herself awake.

"Morning?" She mumbled.

"Actually afternoon. Wanna get some lunch?" I asked.

She nodded a little before sitting up.

"What do you wanna eat?" She asked me.

"We can get Chick fil Lay." I said and she nodded.

She stood up before sitting down and she held her head for while.

"You want to take an aspirin?" I asked her as she looked at me.

"My legs is throbbing and my head hurts... I think I wanna take pain reliever." She said making me nod and grab the meds.

~~~~~

"So I have a little surprise for you." I said and she looked at me.

"This was actually all Parker'a idea." I said and she smiled.

"Parker is bright. He's a bright kid..." she mumbled looking out the window.

"He's gifted. Definitely gifted..." I whispered and she nodded.

"He's apparently above average smarts in his class. They are thinking about moving him up a grade." She said.

"So he might move up to third grade?" I asked.

"No he might move to 4th grade next year." She said.

"And you? Your staying the same?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm too dumb for Senior year yet." She said laughing at her own joke.

"It's like 3 we can leave now... get Chick-fil-A... maybe kill some time and drive around stores until 7." I said and she looked at me.

She nodded as we both got out after arriving to Chick-fil-A.

A/n

Bro. 🤠

I'm sorry for not doing this story. I think I have an idea where this story is going :D