Chapter 3: The Twist

Ga on got a phone call as his first thing in his day. The landlady was found dead in her new place in Busan. Now everyone who had intentions were suspects and that included his client. His client had a alibi saying she was at home and he needed to prove that but how could he. She was single, living at a rooftop room. There were no cctv around and the time of murder was about 2 a.m which means it was hard to find someone who was out at that time so he could be a witness.
The police station was a whole mess. He looked around to find his client in the crowd wondering how many people trusted her with their money. He spotted her and made his way through.

" Okey. Tell me what did you tell them? "

" Just things that I told you on phone. They didn't question me more. "

" Yet... "

" Yet? "

" Yeah. They couldn't do more because I wasn't there but they will in my presences. They'll probably give us some date. "

Ga on looked at her nodding. She was too relaxed for someone who's been accused of killing another but considering their mere interactions, he could figure she's normally a calm person. The reason why he did research before every case was to avoid these thing but life never was his way. Even himself wasn't sure his client was innocent how could he defend her?

" What the hell are you talking about? She just gave you a reason..." They heard a woman shouting on the other side of station. Some lawyers were just doing these things even though they knew the laws. He couldn't blame them. Maybe not always, but there were quite times it would work. The woman was making a scene and three man officers couldn't stop her. The situation made him laugh which he tried to cover by a fake cough. Since the earth never rounded by his way, that young woman noticed the laugh.

" What the hell you're laughing at? "

Ga on eyes went wide wondering if she was talking to him. He pointed his finger at himself " Me?"

" Yes. Exactly you." and she walked to him. At this point he wondered was she actually a lawyer? what kind of a lawyer makes trouble in addition of what she has. 

" I don't think this attitude gonna help you."

" Why would you think I need your help master? I'm a lawyer. I don't need anyone. "

Well, that did answer his question.

"Me too. Which means you took a wrong target. Find someone else. " he whispered his last sentence so just her would hear it.

The young woman walked back one step just to examine the man in front of him. When she didn't find a sign of lying, she rolled her eyes and walked back to the poor officer that was questioning her client. The smile on Ga on's face got bigger. At least he won this one.
One of the police officers gave them a date for three days later for questioning which it meant he had three days to gather as much documents as he can. He sighed internally, he knew he's not gonna sleep these days.

" You can take a rest today but think about all the things that can prove you were at home. Just bring me anything you can by tomorrow. " he looked at his client to find her nodding. He didn't like the doubts in his mind.