Two || Cookie Dough

-Art by matsuno._chifuyuxx on Instagram-

Now that the reader has been introduced im gonna start writing from HER pov
PS- theres a timeskip between the last chapter and this one

~

[Reference to manga chapters 96-99]

A sigh leaves my lips as the young girl on my shoulders continued bouncing and giggling. The other child that clung to my left leg giggled at her little sister's antics. I trudged towards the living room while trying desperately not to topple over from the two girls who were shaking me around.

"A-ah! Hey, Mana, don't pull my hair, alright? That hurts.." I muttered to the laughing girl who sat on my shoulders. Just then, I felt a yank on my ankle which nearly caused me to trip again, "Luna, quit moving around or I'll fall!" But alas, I only got another childish laugh in response.

I heard a familiar chuckle coming from the kitchen as I tried to peel the two girls off me. "Mana! Luna! don't give (Y/N) such a hard time," Mitsuya said, poking his head through the doorway. He was wearing a pink apron over the comfortable pale sweater he usually wore when he was at home, and held a bowl of raw cookie dough while stirring it with a whisk with the other. And just like that, the two dropped themselves off me and ran to their brother to pester him instead.

My bones popped as I stretched my body, free from the stress of having to entertain the children who were now running in circles around Mitsuya. Looking at the older boy, I gave him a soft smile, "Thanks for having me over for Christmas, Takashi."

He smiled and put his baking down. "It's the least I could do since you're always helping me with Mana and Luna when I'm busy. Besides, you don't have anyone to spend the holidays with, right?" The room went quiet at his last comment. Even the girls stopped orbiting their big brother to look at me with sympathy.

In a poor attempt to lighten the mood, I laughed lightly while rubbing my nape. "I guess so. But I'd rather be alone than with these two!" I yelled jokingly as I stomped towards the girls who immediately ran away with fits of laughter. As I chased after the two, Mitsuya's phone began ringing. He excused himself as he answered the call.

I hushed Luna and Mana so that the boy could hear the phone but the serious expression on his face hinted that it wasn't a very pleasant phonecall. "Right. I'll be there soon." He said firmly as he hung up. Mitsuya explained nothing but only gave me a look which said something was wrong. "I need to go."

It was something to do with Toman. I knew that look. Rather forcefully, I took Mitsuya's wrist when he tried to walk away. "I'm coming too." He looked hesitant for a moment but after seeing that fierce look in my eyes, he backed down.

The boy with the slit eyebrows was quick to take off his apron and sweater, discarding them to the couch as he quickly put on his Toman uniform conveniently folded on one of the seats. Turning his attention to the kitchen, he yelled to his mother, "Mum, (Y/N) and I are going out for a while. Take care of Mana and Luna."

Mitsuya's mother walked out to the living room with a frown as she watched her son buttoning the black top. It was one of the rare days that she got to spend time at home with everyone. "Now? Will you be back soon?"

"Don't worry, we won't be long," I smiled to her reassuringly. She smiled back, trusting us completely, and told us to be safe as we ran out the house.

Grabbing a white helmet from the handles of his bike and also another one to extend it to me, Mitsuya got on his motorbike and beckoned for me to sit behind him. I did so and wrapped my arms around his torso as he started the bike.