Nine || Miso Soup

-Art by kattszuki on Tumblr-

Sniffling softly, I sank under the sea of thick covers in a poor attempt to block out the sounds from the other room.

I heard the door swing open, and then the covers were suddenly yanked off me, followed by a hand which pressed against my burning forehead. "Dude, I already told you I'm fine. You can get lost now," I grumbled with closed eyes while trying to shuffle away from the person.

With a sigh, he sat on my bed, right next to where I was lying down. "Well maybe if a certain someone hadn't stayed out in the rain for so long, I wouldn't need to be here right now." He sneered.

"It's not my fault!" I wailed before breaking out into a cough. "Mana and Luna's school is about to end, right? You should go pick them up."

Mitsuya chuckled softly with his back facing me. "That eager to get rid of me, eh?"

"Yeah. That's definitely it, you moron." I joked as the purple-haired boy glanced around my bedroom which he hadn't been in for quite some years now.

The clock ticked on while he and I remained on my bed in a comfortable silence which was occasionally accompanied by a small sniffle or cough. After a while, he broke the tranquility, "Remember when we were kids and you got sick from playing outside in the storm, so the next day I came over and looked after you? And we sat on your bed, just like how we are right now, and you kept on crying because of how much your head was hurting."

My eyes opened blissfully at the long forgotten memory. I looked over at Mitsuya, noticing the sweetest smile on his lips. Slowly, I pulled my bedsheets over my pink nose to cover my cough. "I remember." I whispered softly.

"You're just like how you were back then. You haven't changed, y'know?" He responded and I stared at him with a cocked brow. He stared over his shoulder with his classic calm grin. "You're still the same little girl who easily catches a flu from bad weather and needs her Takashi to take care of her." I was also still the same little girl who felt a throbbing headache forming at the back of her skull, I thought as I grimaced at the pain in my head.

"Quit being so cheesy." I cringed in disgust.

Mitsuya just laughed at my reaction and stood up from the mattress while stretching. "I gotta go pick up Mana and Luna from school now like you said. I called someone a little while ago to come take care of you on my behalf. He should be here soon." He scratched his head while glancing at the watch on his thin wrist.

Coughing, I moved to a sitting position and glared up at him, "What do you mean you called someone to come babysit me, I'm not a kid anymore, Takashi! I'll be fine on my own, it's just a small cold anyways,"

Mitsuya, on the other hand, just dismissed my response by patting my head like how someone would pet a dog, "You're a kid to me." I couldn't tell if his smile was meant in a mocking or loving way.

Regardless, I shrugged him off before diving back down under the covers. "You're barely older than me by a year, get over yourself-"

We both turned our heads at the sound of the doorbell echoing through the otherwise empty house. Mitsuya looked at me before shoving his hands into the pockets of his cardigan with a relaxed posture. "Now that he's here, I'll be going then. Be good, (Y/N)." He said sternly, speaking like an attentive nurse.