||Bonus||

-Art by uo3gyo on Twitter-

[Ok so basically this fic was finished back in 2021 while the manga was still ongoing. Now that the manga has pretty much ended I sort of wanted to write one last chapter to adapt the official ending. So spoilers if you haven't read chapter 278 yet because this finale to Bittersweet will be based on that. Thanks a lot for reading this story to the very end, I hope you enjoyed :) ]

~

My stare bore into the beige liquid which swished around as I swirled the wine glass in my right hand. Sparing a glance to the closed doors, I sighed.

That idiot. He was late.

My view of the double doors was blocked when a tall man suddenly appeared in front of me. Shinichiro fidgeted with a button on his waistcoat while his other hand remained inside his pant pockets. "What are you doing standing here all by yourself?" He asked in a calm, low voice.

Just looking at him made me smile. Placing the glass of champagne on the table behind me, I turned back to the older man before responding, "I'm waiting for someone."

Shinichiro's dark eyes scanned the crowded hall before humming to himself. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him around." He mumbled, knowing who I was talking about. "He should know never to keep a lady waiting. I'll sort him out for you once he gets here, (Y/N)." The older man joked.

"Ever the gentleman, Shin." I chuckled at his playful smile. "I really don't understand how you don't have a girlfriend yet."

His cheerful grin was replaced by a hopeless one as he turned his face away. "It's because all the girls I try my luck with end up falling for Wakasa instead." I followed his gaze across the hall to a certain long-haired man who was busy chatting with some other people.

I couldn't help but laugh at his words as I patted his back to comfort him. That was when we were approached by a particular pair of guys. Baji and Kazutora, to be exact.

"Shinichiro! (Y/N)!" Baji cheered, slapping a hand on both our shoulders.

Kazutora's face lit up at the sight of me and his bell earring jingled when he stood with us. "You look gorgeous, (Y/N). Did Mitsuya make you this dress?"

"Thank you- and yes, he did." Over the years Mituya had developed a signature style in the outfits he made so it was evident at first glance that it was him who designed the clothes. He was already very well known at his age and I couldn't have been more proud.

But that could have been said about all our friends who were in the venue that evening, because everybody had pursued their own goals in their own way. Even I was the happiest I could have been with a job I loved and a husband I loved even more.

At that thought, the doors I had been watching minutes earlier creaked open as a figure slid into the room. His singular hoop earring reflected the bright lights as he used his sleeve to wipe the sweat off his forehead before running a hand through his dark hair. He straightened his suit jacket while Draken and Mikey greeted him.

Shinichiro, Kazutora and Baji were busy talking among each other so I left them to go to the man who had just arrived.

Draken and Mikey noticed me coming up behind him but said nothing and only watched as I hit him across the head lightly.

Shocked, he swung around quickly but the surprised look on his face immediately softened when he noticed it was me. "(Y/N)..." Chifuyu mumbled.

"You're late, weirdo." I sighed, clearly annoyed.